Newly Aquired 1971 1110 232

Crowdad

Thought I would introduce myself here. I'm a proud new owner of this classic and plan to restore/mod her. I picked up this truck really cheap and have got her running and driving after a long rest as a lawn ornament. I'm not sure of her real current value. I do need to fix floor pans but otherwise,  she is pretty rust free. Any idea what would be the cheapest way to get some power steering into her? Can I pull it from any 70's Jeep with a 232 or 258? It also looks like I might need to hunt down a clutch bellcrank and bushings. Any other vehicles prime for picking?

Thanks.

51718024_561413907692803_1040176744776073216_n.jpg

51737771_288798655136195_6061851648265814016_n.jpg

51727714_2162167804095220_653710270312480768_n (1).jpg

Congratulations on your truck. International dealers may have the parts you need for the clutch and other common parts. . Power steering was not popular or considered necessary on work vehicles back then. I am not sure what Jeep parts would have to do with an IH.   

• 4 weeks later...

Rebuilt the carb and put in new brake lines and a master cylinder I also put load adjusting shocks on the rear. Pulled the gas tank and cleaned that up. I also blew out the fuel lines and replaced a couple. New thermostat, temp sensor, oil pressure sending, fuel pressure regulator unit, plugs, and filters. Sanded the bulk of the brush on primer job PO did and ncovered a few shoddy pockets of Bondo but nothing too bad. I also cleaned up the chassis while having the bed off and threw a coat of paint on there along with the underside of the bed. Then lined the bed when we put it back on. 

I believe she mostly needs body work now. ( I haven't gotten to test drive her yet) Floor pans are the worst of it but they aren't that bad. Now I'm trying to decide what sneakers she wants to wear. :) Any thought on how big to go without abusing her too much. I'd like to go just a bit bigger and put spacers on to get them out from under the wheel wells a bit. They look kinda lost in there ATM. 

IMG_1597.JPG

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/tire/1971/1245170/international_travelall_1010_4x2_6-232_4-speed.html

Here is a link to tire sizes that should work on your truck assuming that the Travellall used the same tires. When working on your truck, remember to order parts by serial number rather than by the year as International made changes during the year as well as the model year changes.

This forum is not the best place to find info on mods to a vehicle as most here are dedicated to preserving their rides as original as possible. Nothing wrong with what you are wanting to do, but just keep in mind you may not find info here on making changes to your truck.

Keep sending updates. I like your truck

Thank you, sir. There isn't too much I want to add or change from stock really,  just power steering, which was an option I think. I'm finding out that as much as I love the truck, she isn't all that desirable to International fans due to the stock AMC motor. No worries though, I like it and got it dirt cheap. I am leaning towards touching up a few spots (like the door showing some body filler atm) and then clear coating her. I kinda got into it when I was wet sanding and getting a glimpse of what she may look like. Other than that, I would bring her back to the original red. I'm missing a cluster cover on the interior and I think one spare tire on PS was added by a PO. (The swoop isn't clean and the spot welds aren't as neat as stock.) IDK if any came with duel spares? 

Thank you for the link, I will check that out. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

She lives and breaths again. I have some minor details to sort out still like the speedometer and fuel gauge but she's running well. I hear the clutch spinning when it's not engaged so thinking it may need to be adjusted. Any tips? It has a T-18 in it.

IMG_1784.JPG