Sign in to follow this  
mikesbrunn

Can someone help me ID this item

I bought a 1914 Locomobile a few years ago.  I had found this some where - maybe a flea market. it looked interesting but I have no idea of what it is.  Maybe a race trophy    the last line has  10 on it.    any ideas???

Mike

DSC_0482.JPG

DSC_0480.JPG

DSC_0481.JPG

• Like 1

Dog trophy.........LKA must be Los Angeles Kennel Association.

I would suggest that perhaps local companies sponsored the trophies and the Locomobile Car Company sponsored the cup you have. I don't think  LKA  might mean Los Angeles Kennel Association, if it was it would be engraved LAKA. Might be a local chapter club, like Lakewood (LKA). Unique piece.

35 minutes ago, 46 woodie said:

I would suggest that perhaps local companies sponsored the trophies and the Locomobile Car Company sponsored the cup you have.

I think that you're correct with your suggestion.  It could be that Mike's trophy was the "Locomobile Cup for Best Saint Bernard" ... or sumthin' like that.

The LKA was the Ladies Kennel Association, founded by ladies of the nobility in England in 1894.  The Ladies Kennel Association of America (LKAA) was founded in 1900.  I assume, but don't know for sure, that these two organizations were related with the LKAA being an affiliate of the parent organization, LKA. 

Whatever it is, Mike's trophy looks pretty nice.  Is it all copper?

Cheers,

Grog