what year

i will be getting a car in a about a year and a half and i am wondering what everyone thinks is the best year to get. my dad has a '89 which i love and would also like one, but i dont know which year is the best. Thanks for your thoughts

The 91 is the last year made and has some upgrades including 5 more horsepower, and better anti-lock brakes made by bosch. All Reatta are good. Also has a built in cupholder, and good location for fog lights. How about a red one with 21k miles? Come and see it with Dad and make an offer. Maryland

Eric 301-869-9753 EZatman@aol.com

Well, a 1990 or 1991 won't have the touchscreen you're used to in your dad's car. Those were only for 1988 or 1989 models. The 1990-1991 dash was redesigned to include standard "real" buttons for A/C and radio controls.

The 1991 offers some significant mechanical changes from the previous three years, namely a different (improved?) braking system and a new engine, transmission, and axle ratio. The 1991 also features different wheels.

Early 1988 models offer split suede/leather seats, and that's the only year you'll find them.

CD players were available in 1990 and 1991 only.

Sunroofs became available in 1989, convertibles in 1990.

Hopefully these differences will help you choose the car you want! Good luck.