TIRE CLEARANCE

jframe

Put a new set of American Classic P225/75R-15's on my 65 Riv. Also has a new reproduction Gran Sport exhaust which has been on it for about a year. Anybody have issues with tire clearance where the pipe comes out of the resonators, and curves back to go over the axle? Mine is awfully close, and I know the rear end won't move around much, especially with new polyurethane bushings in the track bar, but still it causes a little concern.

I had P225/70's on my old 64 and had the same issue.  If you have the factory style hangers on the muffler, they allow for a little flexibility.  Mine would occasionally rub on the inner side wall of the left rear tire.  I made some adjustments to the hangers and was able to correct the issue.  

23 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

I had P225/70's on my old 64 and had the same issue.  If you have the factory style hangers on the muffler, they allow for a little flexibility.  Mine would occasionally rub on the inner side wall of the left rear tire.  I made some adjustments to the hangers and was able to correct the issue.  

That is where mine seemed to be the worst. It is right where the pipe comes out of the resonator

All of the tires mentioned above are 225 mm wide. The 70 series have a lower profile but are no wider.  If you'll remember, depending on what size tire originally came on the car would determine what the width of the wheel was.  That 1/2" difference (1/4" per side) could make a difference. Perhaps a wheel spacer could help.

8 minutes ago, RivNut said:

All of the tires mentioned above are 225 mm wide. The 70 series have a lower profile but are no wider.  If you'll remember, depending on what size tire originally came on the car would determine what the width of the wheel was.  That 1/2" difference (1/4" per side) could make a difference. Perhaps a wheel spacer could help.

Maybe about a 1/4 inch thick or so?