Where can I find Buick Skyhawks for sale?

Magoo54

There is a fellow in New Alexandria, PA that has a 1954 Skylark that he is just now talking about maybe selling. I have seen the car and it is a fully restored, national winner. Aqua blue in color. A really nice car and really NOT cheap. If you have interest in such a car I will gladly put you two together.

14 minutes ago, DaveBerg said:

There is a fellow in New Alexandria, PA that has a 1954 Skylark that he is just now talking about maybe selling. I have seen the car and it is a fully restored, national winner. Aqua blue in color. A really nice car and really NOT cheap. If you have interest in such a car I will gladly put you two together.

I think he is looking for the 70's or 80's Skyhawk.  Definitely a much cheaper car to buy. 

What year are you looking for? 

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

Looks like a Monza that a customer of mine used to drive.

It had a V8 and one of the spark plugs was the toughest one that I had ever changed.

Previous mechanics hadn't bothered.

The neighbors son had a v-8 Monza and if I remember right the procedure for removing that last spark plug involved loosening the engine mounts and jacking up the motor to provide access. My understanding is that many owners or mechanics drilled a hole in the inner fender to get to it..

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)

3 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

The neighbors son had a v-8 Monza and if I remember right the procedure for removing that last spark plug involved loosening the engine mounts and jacking up the motor to provide access. My understanding is that many owners or mechanics drilled a hole in the inner fender to get to it..

Didn't and wouldn't do that. But I could see an owner doing it.

Yes, Jacking the engine off of its mounts to at least make it less difficult.

I think that there was a recommended procedure that involved turning the offending plug by putting a piece of vacuum tubing on it to turn it. However that didn't work either for obvious reasons.

The car was not new to my customer, however he had had tune ups done on it prior to bringing it to me, but it didn't run any better until it was done by replacing ALL of the spark plugs as a part of the job.

It was a relatively high mileage car as the wife had a long commute. She put over a hundred and fifty miles a day on it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...