For Sale 115K mile Riviera for restoration or parts

Raggedy Ann Riviera

For sale is my 1995 Buick Riviera

My grandma bought it new in 1995 and drove it up until she passed in 2014. It was garaged the whole time she owned it. I drove it daily until November of last year. The car was well taken care of with regular maintenance. Unfortunately it suffered an upper intake failure a few months before it's "death" (why is it plastic?!?) and was never right after that going in for several more engine repairs. For reasons the shop couldn't explain the crankshaft bearings failed and thus the engine "blew up"

The car does have some wear from simply being 20+ years old but all the electronics work and it has NO leaky seals, sunroof included! It does has a patch of rust on the passenger side quarter but that's the only place on the body. There is a short crack in the windshield on the driver side but it has been repaired to prevent spreading. It has no major dents and still wears it's mostly original paint! The car has just under 115,000 original miles on it.

The car was in one accident when my grandma owned it on the driver side. It's obviously since been repaired but does have a slight vibration on that side when traveling around 70mph.

The interior is in good shape, a few broken plastic pieces and some scrapes but the leather upholstery has no holes and little worn finish. I have lots of pictures, will get what I can on here.

I would prefer sell it to a collector or enthusiast as my grandma loved the car and so did I. It deserves to be restored or go toward a restoration than simply be junked. Aside from the engine it's in great shape for it's age.

I'm asking $1,000 but will negotiate. The car does not run and has been sitting a couple months. If purchasing please bring the equipment needed to get it on a trailer or tow vehicle of some kind as I don't have anything to pull or wench it with. Cash in person sale only. Car is located in Missouri, St. Louis region. If interested PM or contact me at elcaminolady@hotmail.com.

IMG_8943.JPG

Gorgeous car.

Thats what happened to mine AFTER I sold it  with only 65000 miles. A plastic piece of the intake got sucked into the engine. The poor guy had to replace the whole engine. I felt terrible about it.

But who knew?

I am sorry for your loss. 

I hope she gets rescued soon.

Edited by PWB
Typos (see edit history)

PWB Thanks for the kind words.. Yea it's a big bummer... when the shop told me about it I was like "what?!? a PLASTIC intake?!?. What genius came up with that engineering?!? In my case it melted and let coolant in the cylinders. The second time the lower intake failed.. Apparently the coolant had wrecked havoc on the other parts and it's fate was sealed..

The car was relatively reliable before that.

If I didn't have a demanding day job (Aviation) and need something reliable..  and already own another old "car" (79 El Camino)  I would consider replacing the engine..

Yea, I hope so too..