Barn Find!

GeneR

The engine has an A prefix, which I understand makes it a '29 engine, although not necessarily desirable.  I have been digging and finding parts, I think I have it almost complete now, with some spattering of spare pieces.  The interior is a jigsaw puzzle that has been disassembled and scattered, but there is a box of wooden pieces with part numbers stamped on the back. Found the bumpers/hardware. almost all handles and escutcheons (sp?)  Certainly cost as much to restore as its worth, but to someone who really wants a Pierce Arrow and doesn't mind doing it themselves.....

Engine is a 29, the accessories are multiple years, it’s a shame that things are reverting back to the fifties and sixties where closed cars are becoming parts cars again. After enough time passes everything seems to come full circle. The Blackhawk looks like it will be a fun turn around from barn find to driver. Fifteen years ago, it seemed the barn finds and forgotten cars were coming to an end, lately I have come across more parts cas and project cars than I have seen in the previous twenty years, unfortunately most of the stuff isn’t moving. 

10 hours ago, edinmass said:

Fifteen years ago, it seemed the barn finds and forgotten cars were coming to an end,

Ed, I remember many discussions over the years on this forum and with individuals, stating that there were very few old cars out there not found.

My comment was that, if one took a few airplane trips across the country, one would realize what an immense amount of land area there is, how big the United States is, and the resultant fact that there are a LOT of garages and buildings, any one of which could hold an old car that's "forgotten"......

It does seem that a lot of cars are coming out of hiding these days.  It's interesting that there are (and always have been) a lot more collector cars than there are collectors.  Almost every collector has more than one collector car, and at any one time there are thousands for sale across the country.

• 3 weeks later...

the red engine paint is not correct should be black. carb in not correct and tank to the lh is not Stutz.   this has e a oil vac gas tank and looks correct this nor like a steward tank .I have a Blackhawk for 20 years  Go to the web STUTZBLACK L6 and see my car ct plate STUTZ You can call me 8608060448 John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 10:43 PM, GeneR said:

She told me the Pierce sold, don’t know details. I think all of the other restored cars sold too. Somewhere in all of the selling, someone stole one of my hubcaps....

Sorry to hear that.  You know the question I'm going to ask....is that other car available, or did it go to son in law?  thanks David C.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not doing much, but I did remove plugs and spray in pb blaster a few days ago. Today I was able to turn the crank one turn with the handle, but it was extremely tight! It’s not locked up, and I don’t think I could bend valves and such with that short handle.  The only noises I heard were normal ring sliding sounds. Fingers crossed that when I get the chance to pull oil pan and valve cover all can be freed up to run.