1990 Buick Reatta Air Temp Control

noahgresh

If you mean that the numbers go up and down on the display when you push the temp up and down but the air coming out the vents stays the same then I would look to the unit behind the glove box. I think it's called the A/C controller. To check, remove the glove box then change the temp using the button and see if the little motor moves the rod back and forth.  Sounds confusing but when you see everything it will make sense.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:17 AM, Phils38cpe said:

If you mean that the numbers go up and down on the display when you push the temp up and down but the air coming out the vents stays the same then I would look to the unit behind the glove box. I think it's called the A/C controller. To check, remove the glove box then change the temp using the button and see if the little motor moves the rod back and forth.  Sounds confusing but when you see everything it will make sense.

The temperature valve door controller will have trouble over time -- I mean our cars are about 30 years old. If that is working as it should you might want to check the vacuum hoses that are underneath the controller they will crack or become unplugged.

As 63viking said check out Ronnie's ROJ site under How-to-Guides and look at No Heat - Troubleshooting . Here is a link but not sure if it will take you to the exact one.

http://www.reattaowner.com/roj/component/content/article/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=95:heat-a-ac-system&id=116:no-heat-troubleshooting