Hudson Super Six 1929 Racer

Original Hudson that raced in 1930's
FIVA carnet
Historic paperwork and some Trophies included.
Completely overhauled recently.
The car had been in the same family since it raced in 1930.
Please contact me for price and further info.

IMG_4089.JPG

History 1932 .jpg

718f048c-35f2-43fe-b17c-e9fd0aa391f8.jpg

History 1932.jpg

IMG_4092.JPG

Engine 1.jpg

IMG_4091.JPG

Engine 11.jpg

Cockpit.jpg

Edited by VintageRacingCar
adding pictures (see edit history)
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Come on throw us a bone.  Lots of us love this stuff and would like to know how much something like this goes for but at present aren't serious buyers so we don't want to waste your time. 

George

here goes the bone.....hehehe....
you can get it for less than 200K

Appetite might still be gnawing, but there are some of us here for whom dinner out with the little lady means 2 for 1 night at the Hamburg King. For those of us for whom $200,000 is no greater sacrifice than the HK special, I have a suggestion for V'R'C' in order to stir their interest. Show a picture of each side of the engine. A fence sitter just might git up off it and pull out the change purse after seeing that. I doubt any of us looking on here would object.    GLWS !          (It shoulda been me)     -   CC 

• Haha 1

Let me offer a bit of perspective on the value of "real" original unrestored race cars as I have some recent hands on experience.

I owned and sold the original "Riverside special' this is the Frontenac dual overhead cam single seat dirt car mounted on a 1925 Model TT truck Frontenac powered tow vehicle. This car had lots of history including  one time owner Floyd Clymer. This dirt car was last raced in 1939 and the car had not been removed from the TT truck from that date. I sold it several years ago for something north of the 200k they are asking for the Hudson. In my humble opinion if the Hudson is the real deal their idea of something less than 200k is well within recent values and sales. There are lots of "tribute" repop's out there but the real ones are few and far between. Do your research and due diligence, then get off your wallet and buy it.  

just sayin'

brasscarguy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alsancle said:

If you have all the history back to 1930 that is really a great car.  I think might be worth more than what most people would think.

The car belong to the grandfather of the actual owner and founder of an important Winery. The family still owns the winery and the car had been in the family since then.
Thank you for your comment.

11 hours ago, C Carl said:

Appetite might still be gnawing, but there are some of us here for whom dinner out with the little lady means 2 for 1 night at the Hamburg King. For those of us for whom $200,000 is no greater sacrifice than the HK special, I have a suggestion for V'R'C' in order to stir their interest. Show a picture of each side of the engine. A fence sitter just might git up off it and pull out the change purse after seeing that. I doubt any of us looking on here would object.    GLWS !          (It shoulda been me)     -   CC 

9 hours ago, brasscarguy said:

Let me offer a bit of perspective on the value of "real" original unrestored race cars as I have some recent hands on experience.

I owned and sold the original "Riverside special' this is the Frontenac dual overhead cam single seat dirt car mounted on a 1925 Model TT truck Frontenac powered tow vehicle. This car had lots of history including  one time owner Floyd Clymer. This dirt car was last raced in 1939 and the car had not been removed from the TT truck from that date. I sold it several years ago for something north of the 200k they are asking for the Hudson. In my humble opinion if the Hudson is the real deal their idea of something less than 200k is well within recent values and sales. There are lots of "tribute" repop's out there but the real ones are few and far between. Do your research and due diligence, then get off your wallet and buy it.  

just sayin'

brasscarguy

I saw that River Side Special..Amazing!!...
Totally agree with you...Good reproductions are half of this price, depending of engine and amount of work and detail.
A famous REO that raced in the same era of this Hudson, was sold for over 1.2 Million, and the big difference was the driver;s popularity and the races that car won. Also the fact that it was a REO 8.
This Hudson has the history and some records and prizes...But the importance of the driver is not comparable with the REO's. That;s reflected in the price.
the car has FIVA carnet, that allow the buyer to participate in many races.

11 hours ago, C Carl said:

CC,,,I added some more pictures...If they are good enough to stir your interest, let me know and I will share more details.
Thank you for your sugestion!!...I appreciate!

10 hours ago, brasscarguy said:

just sayin'

brasscarguy

I am curious, as I have never been around a Hudson Super 6.  What is the CID of the engine, what type of mechanical redo was completed?  Are the wheels Hudson or are they Buffalo refitted originally?  Is the body the virgin piece?  How about a better shot of the cockpit.  I do certainly admire and enjoy this type of car but I was not quick enough to become a Doctor or Lawyer or inherit a thriving business where I could afford this quality of car.  Good luck with the sale.

Al

• Like 1

I’m interested, but also confused. 

I have many Hudson’s of this Vintage. 

By your photos  I don’t know what I’m looking at. Is it a basket case ? Is it restored? Is it a recreation of the one in the photos ?  What do you call a recent over haul ? And by who ? I ask because some of the parts do not match up with the period photo of the car. And photos of the basket case car do not match with the photos of the restored car. 

Some more info and a set of photos of its present day condition would be very helpful. 

5 hours ago, alsfarms said:

I am curious, as I have never been around a Hudson Super 6.  What is the CID of the engine, what type of mechanical redo was completed?  Are the wheels Hudson or are they Buffalo refitted originally?  Is the body the virgin piece?  How about a better shot of the cockpit.  I do certainly admire and enjoy this type of car but I was not quick enough to become a Doctor or Lawyer or inherit a thriving business where I could afford this quality of car.  Good luck with the sale.

Al

Hello Al
The engine is the original 288 CID, F head. The engine was completely overhaul. The wheels are the original Buffalo hubs, with new Dunlop profile rims and all new spokes. I ll add a picture of the cockpit.
Thank you very much

4 hours ago, paulrhd29nz said:

I’m interested, but also confused. 

I have many Hudson’s of this Vintage. 

By your photos  I don’t know what I’m looking at. Is it a basket case ? Is it restored? Is it a recreation of the one in the photos ?  What do you call a recent over haul ? And by who ? I ask because some of the parts do not match up with the period photo of the car. And photos of the basket case car do not match with the photos of the restored car. 

Some more info and a set of photos of its present day condition would be very helpful. 

Hello
the present condition of the car, is the light brown. The first picture is from 2017 in an exhibition where it got 2nd in its class.
email me your phone number at fnk@vintageracingcar.com and I ll call you to explain anything you need to know.

Sir. i appreciate your offer to contact you personally. This site is dedicated to the preservation and discussion of many cars.

If your truly interested in selling your car in front of this site which has some of the greatest combined knowledge all things that move or once moved you need to do better to get my interest. Prof and providence is key for the money you jokingly expressed. If its real show us.

You have chosen the best place on the net to do so.  What you've shown so far is weak for what you are offering. All be it simply beautiful . I have no intention of offending. if you have a gem, please tell us about it.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:50 PM, paulrhd29nz said:

Sir. i appreciate your offer to contact you personally. This site is dedicated to the preservation and discussion of many cars.

If your truly interested in selling your car in front of this site which has some of the greatest combined knowledge all things that move or once moved you need to do better to get my interest. Prof and providence is key for the money you jokingly expressed. If its real show us.

You have chosen the best place on the net to do so.  What you've shown so far is weak for what you are offering. All be it simply beautiful . I have no intention of offending. if you have a gem, please tell us about it.

Thank you for sharing your point of view.
if you are interested, let me know and I can email you a presentation with more info.
Tks