Xander Wildeisen

Overall design concept?

Once again I am astonished by the weirdness of someone's automotive "vision". {hallucination ?}  It must have taken thousands of hours to handcraft this .  Why ? The world is a truly mysterious place.

Greg in Canada

s-l1600hgk.jpg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Curious about a couple of things.

What are all those pipes? And why no pics with that hood open? (if it opens)

I will agree that you would have the only one.

$60,000.00 and only 8 pictures?  And he says that the "pics say it all"?????

• Haha 1

Sadly it will be on the AACA Show field within 10-15 years. Bob 

Bob, I seriously need to get you some happy pills.  When you are in Hershey come by the garage and you will fell more at home!  Nope, this car won't be on our fields at all but I would like to see the craftsmanship up close..ain't gonna buy it but I do admire the creativity even if I think it is misguided!

Edited by Steve Moskowitz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Someone didn't want a Zimmer Golden Spirit or a Clenet, so they made this thing instead............why?

Craig

Whilst a bit unusual I don’t quite get the bashing someone’s idea/vision. They dared to be different, something that doesn’t happen today (most modern cars all look the same to me. Same as hotrods).

But yeah, that’s a lot of pipes. What’s under the hood? 8 pipes, V8 but all out one side. Different 

Edited by Licespray (see edit history)
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Licespray said:

Whilst a bit unusual I don’t quite get the bashing someone’s idea/vision. They dared to be different, something that doesn’t happen today (most modern cars all look the same to me. Same as hotrods).

But yeah, that’s a lot of pipes. What’s under the hood? 8 pipes, V8 but all out one side. Different 

eight pipes on each side.

Maybe two V8s ?

Not bashing, I just get curious when I see this kind of stuff.

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

eight pipes on each side.

Maybe two V8s ?

Not bashing, I just get curious when I see this kind of stuff.

Would explain the long hood. I wonder if all 4 rear wheels drive? Imagine the burnout! :P

Edit: or is this FWD? I forgot America used FWD on some of its big cars (over here it’s almost exclusively small cars)

Edited by Licespray (see edit history)

21 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Someone didn't want a Zimmer Golden Spirit or a Clenet, so they made this thing instead............why?

I can understand why.  Those three abominations they call neo classics look even worse .

5 hours ago, Bill Harmatuk said:

Thats what you do when you are snowed in for 5 months out of the year.

With some good drugs.

Bill H

After 5 months of snow with more to come,  I'm starting to sympathize with the builder even without the drugs. 

Gotta go now,  time to shovel the roof, then plow the driveway.  It's suppose to rain on Friday though,  so that will be more ice.  I can't wait. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 8E45E said:

Craig

Had to look those up - they remind me of the 1930’s Mercedes Benz 500k’s. Really similar.

3 hours ago, Licespray said:

Had to look those up - they remind me of the 1930’s Mercedes Benz 500k’s. Really similar.

Yeah but the Mercedes replicas, not the gazelle, actually resemble a Mercedes.  Those other three I have no idea what they were trying to build.   No matter how much you squint,  I still just see a late 70's early 80's Usually GM or Ford coupe with some funky sheetmetal that they never got the curves right on.  

14 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Yeah but the Mercedes replicas, not the gazelle, actually resemble a Mercedes.  Those other three I have no idea what they were trying to build.   No matter how much you squint,  I still just see a late 70's early 80's Usually GM or Ford coupe with some funky sheetmetal that they never got the curves right on.  

Remember that replicas are not created to satisfy an enthusiast market. They're created to satisfy someone who doesn't know anything about cars who just wants something that looks vaguely like something he might have seen once in a magazine. And it's cheaper, that's an important factor. The typical replica buyer wouldn't know a real one from a replica if you parked one of each on each of his legs. Most of the public is the same way--if it has stand-up headlights and curved fenders, it's close enough.

Once you learn anything about cars, you quickly realize that replicas are fool's gold: worthless, easily identified, and disappointing every time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Would a re-bodied  Duesenberg, done to match a different body style be a replica?

No. A rebody is not a replica.

This:

12.jpg

Is not the same as this:

10685856-1983-mercedes-benz-gazelle-std.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Remember that replicas are not created to satisfy an enthusiast market. They're created to satisfy someone who doesn't know anything about cars who just wants something that looks vaguely like something he might have seen once in a magazine. And it's cheaper, that's an important factor. The typical replica buyer wouldn't know a real one from a replica if you parked one of each on each of his legs. Most of the public is the same way--if it has stand-up headlights and curved fenders, it's close enough.

Once you learn anything about cars, you quickly realize that replicas are fool's gold: worthless, easily identified, and disappointing every time.

Correct!

They were built for those 'Hey, look at me!' types who think they really have something special, when in reality, they don't.  Most were cobbled together from existing contemporary cars at the time which weren't really anything special, including VW convertibles, MG's and motorhome interior fittings.

Craig

• Like 1