stewart warner guage restoring

kdancy

I used Bob's Speedo. Sent dash unit and tank unit they called and told me what the cost would be think I gave my vCard# the dash unit I sent in had bad plier marks where someone had taken it apart I like a dummy I that they would replace the damaged chrome ring . The gauge works fine I just wonder if it was their car would they just returned it that way you just can not miss seeing it. If memory serves me it was close to $300.00 to repair and that $5.00 ring just did not say much for their quality of work bMike 1963 Avanti

Edited by Mikefit
year of car (see edit history)

the dash unit I sent in had bad plier marks where someone had taken it apart I like a dummy I that they would replace the damaged chrome ring .

You wanted them to replace the chrome ring but you did not ask them to replace the chrome ring ?

How are they (or anyone) supposed to know what you want if you don't tell them ?

That's why I sent it in both units needed repair was just disappointed that they did not replace the ring it was not like I was being cheap with them I just wanted repaired I guess I expected to much in return . The fuel sender does work so I'm happy with that .

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:05 AM, certjeff1 said:

I recommend John Wolf in Cleveland. I have used them for years. 1-440-942-0083

Ditto.....have had nothing but super work from John Wolf (on a number of gauge projects). I believe there's nothing they won't tackle. Very experienced and honest. John