Sign in to follow this  
huskykicker

Shift indicator clean up

My 1990 convertible has a really cruddy looking shift indicator.  I would like to take it apart and clean it up.  Any tips on how best to accomplish this task?

There is a tutorial on how to do that on Ronnie's site. I believe it is wwwreattaowners.com

When you get there take a look at all the tutorials on other repairs/trouble shooting tips.

Instructions are here for removing the shift indicator panel and replacing the black tape. If you aren't interested in keeping it original you might just want to peel away the black tape exposing the shiny stainless steel underneath. That is what I did and it looks pretty good.

SAM_1715.JPG

• Like 1

He has a 1990 Ronnie which as you remember is a different console. Don't we have a tutorial for the 1990/91?

All the tutorials I know of are the ones I linked to above.

Okay, the picture you show is the '88/89 and if you click on your link it also has instruction for the '90/91 consoles as well. 

If you are interested in more information you can do a search using "Console" as your search term and cl_reatta as your author and you will find more info. 

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)