Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Gas Monkey Boat Tail for SEMA

Is Richard involved in this build?  If he is, 'nuff said.

Richard has been banned for all design decisions for the last couple of years per the local Dallas car builders.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnrex said:

Richard has been banned for all design decisions for the last couple of years per the local Dallas car builders.

I stopped watching that show because I felt that it became nothing more than a vehicle for Richard's over inflated ego.  Who cares about him hobnobbing at some exclusive auction with a glass of champagne in one hand going in search of someone to stroke this ego.  Time was much better spent watching Aaron  doing some work on a car.  Aaron got smart long before everyone else - he moved on.

That richard guy showed up on a hot rod forum I go to about 12 years ago or so. Bragging about how he was building cars and selling them. If I remember correctly, some members ran in the same circles, and called him out and proved he was buying local built cars, then saying he built them, and flipping them online. A complete lying con artist.

"Counts Kustoms" from whatever show built a boat tail for himself, it has one of the most amazing black and silver lowrider paintjobs i've ever seen. Absolutely love that car. That guy seems to actually build stuff.

2 hours ago, jsgun said:

"Counts Kustoms" from whatever show built a boat tail for himself, it has one of the most amazing black and silver lowrider paintjobs i've ever seen. Absolutely love that car. That guy seems to actually build stuff.

He sold that car to a guy in Maryland. Didn't really want to, but he was thinning his collection. Price was not really discussed, but 100k was bantered around and the guy didn't flinch.

Edited by steelman (see edit history)

1 hour ago, jsgun said:

Image result for count's kustoms las vegas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KongaMan said:

That car looks like a guy with prison tattoos.

LoL

I'd say young female stripper - before the ink ran. *

*This post delivered without sarcastic intent.

I really like the large sweeping lines, and silver with black fades looks incredible. I'm pushing around ideas using long curved lines, but filling in the spaces in between with geometrics. All in shades of dark blues.

My big plan for my riv is a Larry Watson style panel paint job, in medium and dark blue metallics.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KongaMan said:

That car looks like a guy with prison tattoos.

That paint job made me remember the most common question asked to Craigslist sellers: "Do you have the original wheels?"- How many coats of clear between the black and that other stuff?

I did watch the 26 minute video of the guy "posing" with tools and welding on a thumbnail size patch. At 100 bucks an hour or more that's going to be a high dollar car. Oh, I watched it with the sound off and fast forwarded quite a bit.

Did you hear prison tattoos are declining? The inmates don't want the stigma of looking like TV personalities.

Bernie

• Haha 2