moran75

65 Riv ... ‘interesting’ valuation at end of clip....

But what planet was that “valuation” for ....cause the girl is definitely “out” there  ! 

On occasion I would tell my children "If you dont have anything good to say then dont say anything at all".........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I`m at a loss for words at the moment................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I got nuthin`

Tom Mooney

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

If that car brought 35-40k, I would want 50-60k for mine, and I KNOW that ain't gonna happen.

She is a free spirit out of my backyard hollywood, and for hollywood, she is nowhere near out there.interesting people make life interesting. Now the quote she was given is definately out there!

AhhhReality shows.  What would America be without them.  

That’s what I meant .. the quote was 

way out there !  I think that was filmed a few years ago , I sorta remember that Saturday morning show after Captain Kangaroo ... 

Oh...got it. Captain kangaroo and mr. greenjeans his sidekick the farmer...

got me to drink my milk by playing " red light ,greenlight" man that was a long time ago!!

This evaluation... what a funny joke! 😂🙈Reality shows a its best (...why are they not called "Fiction shows"???) 

Quite right Schmiddy ..and when I (a Brit) negotiated buying my 65 with my (American) seller it was nothing like how they do it in Gas Monkey Garage!

Everything he 'fixed' is what the appraiser griped about. Miss-matched paint, wiring... And did the headlights ever come on? Or just wink at you?

Bernie, I think it is the same car, but not the same ditzy blonde. I think this ditzy blonde bought it from that ditzy blonde.

Bernie, I stand corrected. Same car, same ditzy blonde. Show was called My Ride Rules. This is the episode with her Riviera.

Edited by steelman (see edit history)

You guys may not like it, but restomods are really popular

• Like 1

That term gets used way too loosely ,,, I just saw a rusty ford comet with some brand new wheels on it and they were advertising it as a restomod ... I love restomods ,, but only when the effort has REALLY been put into the car , an hour visit to Discount Tire doesn’t count 

• Like 1

My ride rules is the one I saw before. I remembered the guy from the nocturnal emissions car club right away.

image.png.1c5bc07a8360358c181fe7606a7f4c76.png

Restomods are a passing fancy. Camera zooms and has been rock music is here to stay...... in Hollywood.

AND I have always liked far cars and skinny women. Low fat cars and tall skinny blondes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

I remembered the guy from the nocturnal emissions car club right away.

Darn you, Bernie, you made me snort my mid-afternoon diet green tea!

2 hours ago, bodayguy said:

You guys may not like it, but restomods are really popular

The problem is that most of them have too much mod and not enough resto.

Which is to say it's often a euphemism for "hack job".

Edited by KongaMan (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, KongaMan said:

Which is to say it's often a euphemism for "hack job".

OK Riviera People: I'm with Chip 100%.  For example, when the sheet metal on the front clip is  REALLY straight and true these cars pop!  Lotsa guys shave, lower, what ever. Yeah, it's their car bla bla bla, Bottom line? Get that front clip really straight and it makes the entire car pop!  Mitch

1 hour ago, KongaMan said:

That’s a funny line, good one.

Honestly I don’t care what they think it’s worth. If she bought it for 8k I bet she’s spent $25k on it and looks to me like it needs more still. It’s a TV show and they’re going to inflate it for drama. The owner thought it was $25k and that sounded about right to me. Maybe $30 on a good day. The mismatch panels was the worst.

14 hours ago, KongaMan said:

Used to be that a guy would have a well worn J. C. Whitney catalog by his easy chair, looking at the bubble skirts or custom floating grille bar. Sometimes just one more gauge... like an altimeter.

image.thumb.png.3ad08a16af81e5f1f68769e933813e7d.png

Today that table by the armchair has an ad filled copy of Street Rodder Magazine and the latest Harbor Freight sale catalog.

"Nuthin' changes but the date".

• Haha 3

Funny this car came up, I ran across the youtube video of it a couple years ago. It was a little rough, and way too low in the front. Looks like someone was putting in the effort to make a mild "paint" custom, and gave up or had to sell. Seems reasonable for the initial price of 8K. I think the 35K is the TV price. That front crossmember is a little worrisome, i'd want to get the frame checked for straightness. 

On 2/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, 60FlatTop said:

Used to be that a guy would have a well worn J. C. Whitney catalog by his easy chair, looking at the bubble skirts or custom floating grille bar. Sometimes just one more gauge... like an altimeter.

Today that table by the armchair has an ad filled copy of Street Rodder Magazine and the latest Harbor Freight sale catalog.

I'm repeating what Tom M. posted earlier.

"On occasion I would tell my children "If you dont have anything good to say then dont say anything at all".........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I`m at a loss for words at the moment................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I got nuthin`

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, 60FlatTop said:

I hate to say it but I like this 53 Pontiac better than the Riviera in question! I think the reason is that they didn't

destroy a car that I actually care about!

• Like 1