1972 GSX Convertible

Elpad

https://offerup.co/fiVXrqT73T

i will be looking at this on Friday. Anything in particular I should know about these type of cars? Seller says has new top that have to be installed and has a big block not specifying that is running. Not detailed pics but this could be a rare car? Price? Comments? Lacking knowledge on muscle cars!

46 minutes ago, cjp69 said:

They never made a GSX convertible.  You will want to check the VIN to see if it is a Skylark or a GS.    Looks to have some valuable parts on it.  It says it was posted 6 months ago, good cars/good deals don't usually last that long. 

http://www.tpocr.com/buickvin7.html

Yes I was surprise that it was still available .Thanks for the info, that’s a start! So it seems someone slapped a GSX badge on the grille. I will check the VIN against the list you provided. 

Thanks again

2 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

In that part of the country I would also be concerned if it went for a swim a few years ago during one of the hurricanes.

You will be surprised. All wet car around here came from NJ (Sandy) and LA (Katrina) water disperses fast in Florida grounds but will keep and eye for water damage anyways.

1 hour ago, On The Riviera said:

That is a 1970 grille as well, not a 72 grille.   GSX badges are easily purchased from many GS parts vendors (reproductions).  This is likely a Tribute car.  

Thanks for the tip, I guess the VIN will give me the history. Will keep everybody posted. BTW, I don’t know what a “Tribute” car is. Is this something like a clone?

2 hours ago, BUICK RACER said:

And there never were any GSX convertibles.

That’s what I heard, I’m trying to go this Friday to look at this mutuant Buick to see what really is...keep you guys posted

$6500 wouldn't be bad for a workable Skylark convertible. They have probably been listening to "experts" for the last 6 months.

Walk in kind of dumb carrying cash, don't lecture or enlighten them, and you will probably go home with a good deal on a Skylark convertible.

Here is a 1948 Packard I bought from a guy near Syracuse a few years ago. I just gave him the few hundred bucks he wanted. Easy deal. Just because you know you don't have to tell.

012.thumb.JPG.067a18ec4b37389dbe080398296ab2af.JPG

Well it turned out to be a Skylark Custom Convertible made into a cloned convertible with GSX badging, go figure. At least the car was inside a garage. someone went into a lot of work here, they installed a 455 power plant which is not running. Interior, seats and panels are out of the car but already done.and with the car. A new top with glass is there but has to be installed. The car shows rust on door panels and on rear fender behind wheels and does not have the original steering wheel or original wheels. There is also trunk floor rust and evidence that the car was equipped with a Nitro system. It will take a lot of time, space and $ to put back into a regular convertible not worth the effort. Passed on this one but still have a lot of good parts but not for the $6,000.00 bottom price she is asking. The story is that it was  the seller husband's car which was in the restoration process when he passed. I saw the Florida title to a 1972 Buick, Skylark Custom Convertible with a 350 2 barrel carb assembled in Flint or VIN: 4H67H2H175750 which matched the VIN plate