Where is water coming from?

Barney Eaton

Got a call from a Reatta coupe owner that said he had water running down the inside of his windows (back, front and side windows)      After asking him a lot of questions,  I think water has collected in the top (inside) bracing and trying to get out....

he claims he does not hear any sloshing.    The car has not been out of the garage in 4-5 days and it was not raining the last time he drove it.......a mystery

He did not think the headliner was wet (no sunroof)   

Do you think it is possible for high humidity to collect in that area and form enough water to cause the problem he is seeing......

Is there a way for water to run down the "C" pillar  if it did collect.    He said he is 86 and has problems finding people to work on his car,  so I don't know if we will ever know the answer

Sure sounds like a severe condensation issue and Ronnie may have a good candidate. The side windows don't actually have a path from the roof of the car, they essentially lay on the outside of rubber seals, so I don't see them as a drain channel?

Just before I put my Reatta away for the winter I got into the trunk to get the cover out and low and behold the trunk mat and the underside of the trunk was dripping wet. The only explanation I could come up with was humidity causing condensation...Good thing I caught it when I did or that would have been bad come Spring!

On 2/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, Barney Eaton said:

so I don't know if we will ever know the answer

After reading through this topic again I feel like a fool for trying to provide help with a question we will probably never know the answer to.

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

After reading through this topic again I feel like a fool for trying to provide help with a question we will probably never know the answer to.

Foolish, heck no, and you had company in any case😛 It wouldn't be the first unresolved mystery. Why does my trunk light use a 1004 dual contact bulb instead of what all the catalogs and FSM say is correct?  An unsolved mystery, perhaps an alien conspiracy?