Who needs 1949 Super sheet metal parts?

I am parting out this 1949 Super sedan with very nice sheet metal. I am keeping the driver's door, the two front inner fenders (outer fenders are available), and the rear bumper splash pan for the woody wagon I am restoring. Everything else is available. Engine is still in the car, but it does not turn. 248 cu. in. standard shift. Hood and trunk lid are perfect except for light surface rust.. Front bumper is very, very nice. Gauges are gone, radiator looks very good but has a mouse nest inside, so I will get it cleaned out and checked. Engine's manifolds and carburetor are gone but everything else seems to be there. Gas tank is there and looks ok.

What do you need? Please don't ask me for shipping quotes on large items UNLESS you are serious--I don't have time to run back and forth to the shipping service getting prices for you, bringing it back, checking to see if you like the shipping price, then repacking it, unloading it, loading it again, taking it over there again (out of town) etc., etc.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

• 1 year later...

Pete - I need a tiny cable casing clamp that holds two ventilation cables in-place on the driver's side fresh air vent.  Lost mine somewhere and can't find it.

Also - have you seen the 49 chassis, engine, trans for sale in Lafayette, LA?  $600 on eBay.  I'll post.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:08 AM, Dan O said:

Pete - I need a tiny cable casing clamp that holds two ventilation cables in-place on the driver's side fresh air vent.  Lost mine somewhere and can't find it.

Also - have you seen the 49 chassis, engine, trans for sale in Lafayette, LA?  $600 on eBay.  I'll post.

I’m in need too. Is this deal gone?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, guys, that was two years ago. I saved some of the sheet metal parts (fenders) and disposed of the car many, many months ago. Had to cut up the floor and use it for the one I was restoring.

Pete Phillips

On 1/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, Pete Phillips said:

Sorry, guys, that was two years ago. I saved some of the sheet metal parts (fenders) and disposed of the car many, many months ago. Had to cut up the floor and use it for the one I was restoring.

Pete Phillips

I'm gonna regret asking, but do you still have the right rear outer fender?

Thanks, John

17 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Checked my inventory and I only have rear fenders for a 1949 four-door sedan, plus a hood for a '49 Super, and bumpers.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX.

Terrific.......just what I needed.......I knew I'd regret this.....LOLOL......I've made a mess of the right rear one on mine. Would it be too much to ask for a photo and a price?

Thanks, John

John,

I should stay away from a computer keyboard when I am tired. So sorry, I meant to say I only have front end sheet metal for '49. The two rear '49 fenders I have are basically scraps that I pulled off and replaced on the car I'm restoring. Free, if you want these rears, plus the shipping. I"ll try to post photos but can only post one or two per message. Both have been cut off at the rear and would need to be welded.

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

Pete, do you still have the rear quarter trim piece for a 49 sedanet that you mentioned a while back?

"I have the long, rear quarter molding, fits either side. One is used, has door dings, and a 5" long fairly deep scratch on the lower half. The other one is virtually perfect and I think it is new old stock. They will be expensive because I paid a lot for them several years ago thinking I would own a '49 Sedanet someday."

Especially looking for the long trim piece, and a nice gravel guard too.

IMG_8261.JPG

Edited by Wheelnut (see edit history)
On 1/18/2021 at 7:19 PM, Pete Phillips said:

Have driver's side 2-dr. gravel guard, no pass. side. I think I sold my long moldings; will look again. They will be very expensive if I have them.

Pete

Thanks, let me know when you find out.