Floorboard coating

Summershandy

Before I install a new carpet, I'd like to clean up the floorboards and give it a coat of somewhat. It must be brushable. I don't want to use POR 15 for the money and mess. The bed liner type is too expensive also. The car isn't show just a daily driver. I'm trying to decide between a brushable black asphalt with rubber or a rubberized rocker guard. The reason I like the thought of the rocker guard is it's paintable after it drys. It looks like the factory left the floor primer but the edges of the floor look painted. I thought maybe if the carpet didn't sit right, you would see matching colour and not just black. Any thoughts and anyone done something close the same? Thanks!

IMG_7497.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going with what I've got kicking around the shop. After scraping off the loose paint/rust I'll slap some rust converter on the heavy spots, red oxide primer for the floor then flat brown rust paint for a good coat. Not concerned about sound deadening. There was nothing there to begin with. My new carpet came in with Jute padding on the back. I figured the brown would blend in behind the carpet if it didn't fit 100%.