Sign in to follow this  
chuck nixon

Its been a fun week

Well, besides buying a new Enclave Avenir last week I got a call from Summit Racing regional warehouse and retail store in Arlington, TX.  Summit asked me to bring my 1967 Sportwagon GS400 Tribute car to put on one of their two turntables as you walk into the entrance of the retail store. Car will be there for the month of February and get lots of looks.

We loaded it on the turntable and I was not finished opening the doors, hood and tailgate when I turned around there were about 8 people standing there admiring the car and full of questions. The black paint really pops in the window and at night the turntable is lit from above so I will have to go at night and take a photo or two.

Really a bunch of nice guys and gals at Summit and I am glad I filled out an application to show the car about 6 months ago and got the call. They will be showing the car and telling the story of the changeover to the GS400 Tribute on the Summit web site in a few days. 

As a GS400 Tribute Sportwagon, which I showed in Brookfield WI BCA in 2017,  I installed a completely rebuilt 1967 GS400 V8 and T400 transmission that came with the engine. Also installed GS hood and grill, chrome rally wheels with red stripes and red pin striping.  Car is loaded with every option available as far as I can tell.  Car was black from the factory and had a beautiful new black paint job over bare metal when I bought it.  340 engine in the car when I bought it was not original and getting tired.    I wanted to have the Sportwagon400 look like a factory made GS400 and had fun doing it and completely redoing the interior OEM material, texture etc.

Nice to show a Buick in place of Camaros, Mustangs, and other 60's cars. Now I need to request the chance to show the 67 Buick GS400 red convertible on the turntable  perhaps later in the year.

Chuck

IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG

• Like 10