2002 Hershey time

noreastcarnut

Once again we survive another great years event in the best in the world event- HERSHEY. Although the rain started around lunch on Wednesday, much of the fields got covered along with the car corral. A congratulations is in order for all organizers and participants. Oh well, we look forward to next year grin.gif

Did it rain on Wednesday? I was there all day Wednesday and I don't remember it raining. And yes Hershey is the greatest old car show in the world! One little gripe though about the show... I heard a lot of other people talking about this also so it's just not me! Why can't there be area's for Ford parts, tools, etc., in the swap meet? It would make life much easier to have for instance the "Ford Field". It would be great to be able to go to certain area's where there is not just certain parts but certain people who would know and like the same type of vehicles and so on. Hershey would be so much better if that were the case.

Ford Field? Sounds like a good idea, but I can see a big political can of worms being opened there. If that was done, I could visualize people arguing to be on a certain field. Granted in our case, we don't own any GM cars, and if that were the case, we could save ourselves a day by bypassing a field that we wouldn't need to go to and spend more time looking in the areas for parts that we really need. Something to think about, if you sold Ford parts, the ford field was crowded and you were placed someplace else, and your business was bad, would you yell foul? Another issue would be, would you put all of the restoration supply companies in one area too (Coker Tire, Rhode Island Electric, Bumper Boyz, Restoration Specialties, Bill Hirsch, Eastwood, etc.) or would you mix those guys in with the various fields? Like I said, it sounds like a noble idea, but it could be a logistical nightmare for shows organizers.

SalG has unwittingly bumped into the reason flea markets are rapidly going the way of the Dodo bird. Some still prefer to walk the fields for the "hunt" as Skyking suggested, but most want everything handed to them on a platter. SalG's desire for "Ford fields" is already a reality.....It's called eBay!