trannyjack.jpg.beeef80660cf5c8441a3c67705282ed1.jpg

14 years and 80,000 miles ago and it is slobbering a 10 inch puddle from the front, along with rust proofing the bottom --- junk!

More to come...

• Sad 1

Ah feel your pain. (spoken with a smooth Arkansas accent)  :)..............Bob

(Recalling the "Most Drips" Award at Salado)

Cautiously awaiting to learn of any new upgrades/enhancements to "fix it better, make it faster" than before.

NTX5467

I'm pulling just to replace the seals.  Function is fine and when I removed the pan there was only about 1/4 teaspoon of identifiable metal particles in the pan along with some black film on the bottom, so the transmission should last a little longer.

Pictures maybe later (not allowing even small file pictures to upload :()

There is a gasket between the torque ball and flange of the torque tube.  It is a good idea to glue in place before assembly.  Don't do like this dumbass and glue it to the torque tube flange --- no fun scraping while on your back.:(

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, old-tank said:

I'm pulling just to replace the seals.  Function is fine and when I removed the pan there was only about 1/4 teaspoon of identifiable metal particles in the pan along with some black film on the bottom, so the transmission should last a little longer.

Pictures maybe later (not allowing even small file pictures to upload :()

I found if it won't allow the # of photos first try, I can post, then come back and add another(one)photo with edit feature. Still not handy, but somewhat more workable. Is this a main frame glitch or unchangeable program? There are obviously some really tech-saavy folks in this club, who must be tired of this too. Hell---llp, please?

23 hours ago, old-tank said:

when I removed the pan there was only about 1/4 teaspoon of identifiable metal particles in the pan along with some black film on the bottom

UMP's, unidentifiable metal particles, should be quarantined.

image.png.cfef536ef6e1717d69922a309e42f0ec.png

That is a nice looking jack. Got a manufacurer name for it?

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

10 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

found if it won't allow the # of photos first try....

It allowed upload from my phone, but refused the same photo from the desktop computer.  No big deal.  Anything important I will put on my website and then link to that.

Now I need a source for GOOD panhard or track bar bushings.  They have been replaced 4 times on this car and are again soft wallowed out mush.  Polyurethane that will fit?

2 hours ago, jackofalltrades70 said:

Make your own

Good idea, but I have not worked with that material before.  i thought about modifying some bushings from Summit Racing.

Collection of Mudbone's dynaflow videos

The search feature on YouTube sucks about as bad as the one on this forum!  If you know of others let me know so that I can include them.  

The service manual is great, but seeing and getting a good explanation is better.  Thanks Mudbone!!

IMG_20190224_145401887.thumb.jpg.feb6298d7672f729ca6759623af8009e.jpg

Upload from phone then edit is the only way to post pics...

Anyhow it is recommended that you have a pan handy to catch fluid that drains from the torque ball and torque converter.  Make you own from an old oil or antifreeze container.  Remove from your work area when finished.  (don' ask how many parts and tools I dropped into that pan!)

Edited by old-tank (see edit history)
  • Like 1

IMG_20190224_145543015.thumb.jpg.373aac27840269862fc0342c53c8a9f0.jpg

This is the only special tool you need to remove and replace a dynaflow on a 1955 Buick.  It is a 5/8 universal socket impact variety on a long long extension.

A similar 9/16 socket is handy.

Edited by old-tank (see edit history)
  • Like 4

On 2/16/2019 at 4:01 PM, 60FlatTop said:

I'd still like some details on the jack.

It is just a Harbor Freight jack....the only thing changed in their current offering is the color.

It works well and with some long board is great for installing bumpers alone.

With a 55 dynaflow on this jack you need 21.5 inches clearance from the frame rail to the floor.

Only drawback is that it requires lots of "lizard work" under the car.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old-tank said:

The search feature on YouTube sucks about as bad as the one on this forum!  If you know of others let me know so that I can include them.  

The service manual is great, but seeing and getting a good explanation is better.  Thanks Mudbone!!

And Thanks  Willie too, for bringing them altogether. 

On 2/24/2019 at 4:31 PM, old-tank said:

It is now linked on the Low Tech  Tips page of my website...also a page of Product Service Bulletins.  If you can supply a PDF of any additional send so that I can include.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, old-tank said:

Those videos are a work in progress. Some of them are unlisted. You can only view them with the link. I am also trying to get them in the proper order and make them all public so eventually you can just go to my YouTube channel and find the Dynaflow playlist and they will all be in order. Mud

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMG_20190225_171556452.thumb.jpg.a701cbc3bbdbbc999063e04b8fe7f6e2.jpg

One other tool.  I use a bumper jack with the bottom in the pocket of the X-frame with the lift portion engaging a chain at the front of the torque tube just in front of the strut rods.   I find it easier to control without getting out from under the car and dealing with ratchet straps at the back (unless you have a helper that can follow commands).

OK, go ahead and shoot me.  The jack used is an original 55 Buick double acting jack!

• Like 1