bjfox1970

1964 Dual Quad Electra Production Numbers

On 2/5/2019 at 6:02 PM, bjfox1970 said:

Well we know they built at least one! Just picked up this one last night!!

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

The Super Wildcat motor was available in the Electra in `64

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, bjfox1970 said:

build date  01E  5th week Jan 1964
style 64-4839  FB11069
TRIM 642  LL  2
ACC  EXNYSM-2KR-3E-4F-5Z

642 - silver cloth/vinyl
LL - Claret Mist Paint  2 - Black Vinyl Top
E-Tinted windows
X-PWR Windows
N-Pwr Vent Windows
y- 6way power seat
S-Remote Trunk Release
M-Power Locks?
2K-A/C
2R-Rear Speaker
3E-Rear Arm Rest??
4F-Remote Mirror  
5Z-Seat Belts

Non Fisher Options

Cruise Control
Guidematic Headlamps
Wonderbar AM w/pwr antennna
Conering Lamps
KX motor
Tilt Wheel

Not sure how the remote passenger mirror got there.....dealer install??

Info Ed(RivNut) and I have come up with so far.  Question marks are best guesses......

Very cool car in my favorite colors!... 3E on your Fisher plate is for "lower crash pad". This is the lower dash trim on the passenger side. Probably standard with your interior trim code.

You are correct regarding your guess about the "M" code as it signifies "vacuum operated door locks".

Tom Mooney

On 2/6/2019 at 7:53 PM, bjfox1970 said:

1965 Dual Quad Production Numbers (From another post)

617 for all series 8000 (1965)

_14 8237 (2 Door)
_13 8239 (4-Door Hardtop)
_16 8269 (4-Door Sedan)
_91 8437 (2-Door Custom)
314__ 8439 (4-Door Custom Hardtop)
123__ 8467 Convertibles
_46__8469 (4-door Custom Sedan)

(from Daily Car Report, Buick Motor Division, 08-24-65, pp 230-269, courtesy of the Sloan Museum, Flint, MI)

I was surprised to see the 4 door hardtop had the most Dual Quad installs.

Still need to find '64 production numbers

BJ,

Call the Sloan museum. They should have The Daily Car Reports for the `64 models. Be forewarned they are re-arranging the museum currently and service may be very slow, I currently have a request into them...

Tom Mooney

On 2/7/2019 at 1:17 PM, 8E45E said:

ONLY on cars equipped with Cruise Control does it have that secondary feature of monitoring the set speed.

If the car is not equipped with Cruise Control, or if it has Cruise Control and it is turned OFF, where the yellow needle is set at a predetermined speed,  it makes an audible buzz when it is exceeded by the red speedo needle.

Craig

Not on `64 cars...when the cruise option was ordered the speed minder feature was omitted,

Tom Mooney

7 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

Not on `64 cars...when the cruise option was ordered the speed minder feature was omitted,

Tom Mooney

Thanks for the clarification on '64 models.  I believe it wasn't omitted on later cars equipped with Cruise Control, correct?

Don't forget to look at the January, 2019 'Classic American' magazine.  A beautiful 1965 Riviera is shown on the cover and many more excellent photos of it inside.

Craig

Ben is out of town but he plans on getting the car off the ground soon to go through the brakes and fuel lines.  He plans on checking for a posi at that time.  Tom, appreciate the clarification on the 3E.  

My '64 Electra convertible as far as I know is fully optioned with a dual quad 425, RH mirror, cruise, A/C etc. I haven't had it on the road much since the restore but I do know the buzzer does not sound when I go faster than the indicator on the speedo. 

As far as I know these options came with the car because my dad always said he ordered it that way 

7 minutes ago, cobravii said:

My '64 Electra convertible as far as I know is fully optioned with a dual quad 425, RH mirror, cruise, A/C etc. I haven't had it on the road much since the restore but I do know the buzzer does not sound when I go faster than the indicator on the speedo. 

As far as I know these options came with the car because my dad always said he ordered it that way 

Check the Engine Production Code number.  Should be K for 1964 and X for the Super Wiodcat engine - dual four barrel carbs.  If you have nothing else to do, look at the number on each carburetor and the number on the band on the distributor.  Post them and someone will tell you if they're correct.

Interesting topics guys, and thanks for bringing it up! Do any know how many cars where delivered with the KX Option in 64? I know there is a number of 2122 for Rivera, question then how many Electra, Wildcat and Lesabre Estate wagon?
The Estate wagon had this option since it was built on the Wildcat platform it could handle bought the weight and power! 

There is not many 100 % complete engine assy``s left with matching numbers carburetors etc. I got hold of one some months ago, and I feel it`s like an great art piece.
BIG Question, to keep, restore or to sell?  

Thanks

Joern

s-l1600.jpg

Here's an idea as to what you could do with that extra KX engine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Here's an idea as to what you could do with that extra KX engine!

Fantastic👍🤩🤩🤩

We're all looking forward to Margaritas at the next BCA meet.

I`m looking for a pair of marine exhaust manifolds just like those in the video...anyone?

Tom Mooney