John Lau

59 Cadillac Question

We recently acquired a very nice Series 62 Coupe.  The car came a lot of documentation and is all original.  The seller called us a few days after the purchase and told us he has a little chrome piece that goes on the steering wheel.  He said that it is part of a steering wheel option called the "Jewel Option."  I have never heard of this, and I cannot find anything on the internet about it.  Anybody know of this?  Does it exist?  

Thanks,

John

John cadillac did not offer any  steering wheel options on a 69 Cadillac . Might be an aftermarket add in but not an option

4 hours ago, rwchatham said:

John cadillac did not offer any  steering wheel options on a 69 Cadillac. 

He wrote that the Cadillac is from 1959, not 1969.

18 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

He wrote that the Cadillac is from 1959, not 1969.

I meant to type 59 . Cadillac did not offer any steering wheel option for 1959 .

The only reference to Jewel in sales advertising and the option book refers to the front and rear grills being called " Jewel like Grill Patterns". 

We did a frame up restoration of a '59 62 series conv and never heard of a "jewel option".

Thanks, everyone!  I'm not sure where the seller got this information from.  Pfeil, I noticed that as well.  I have attached a few photos; they are a little dark.  But they give you an idea of the quality of the car.  I love the color-Wood Rose- a light pink.  

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

• Like 2

What they called "Necker's Knobs" were right popular in the early 1950's.  I wonder if that is what the guy had and no, I never heard of them being an option on any auto; they were after market things.