23crate

1923 Dodge Bros Roadster dimensions/parts

.. liking the sound of tourer doors at this stage.. also I suspect its a tourer cowl.. 

20190203_122838.jpg

There is a roadster in California that has a touring cowl and doors (shorter) with a roadster rear section. They slid the body forward to sorta match up to the doors and did a filler plate behind the trunk to hide the gap. Doors are curved different up and down considerably but they made it work. Looks a bit different but it is a running driving car!

Edited by dwollam (see edit history)

That cowl will of course fit that coupe chassis you showed.

Come on over and I'll sell ya that 23 roadster or I also have another that is 17-22 that's available. Just a short drive right?!

1 hour ago, dwollam said:

There is a roadster in California that has a touring cowl and doors (shorter) with a roadster rear section. They slid the body forward to sorta match up to the doors and did a filler plate behind the trunk to hide the gap. Doors are curved different up and down considerably but they made it work. Looks a bit different but it is a running driving car!

wow sounds like a lot of work !,,    id be more inclined maybe to re-shape the doors    

Rounded bottom doors and the lack of embossing in the firewall scream 1922.  Roadster doors are the same 1915-1922.  I have not seen a 1923 roadster door with an outside handle.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:07 PM, 23crate said:

Thanks DeSoto..

existing mounts ' are 3 /12"  long, ID of 7/8"  or  (91mm x 23mm id)

thanks

Just saw your reply .... Ill have a look tomorrow, I've made enough noise for 1 evening 

On 2/3/2019 at 9:07 PM, Bob Scafani said:

Rounded bottom doors and the lack of embossing in the firewall scream 1922.  Roadster doors are the same 1915-1922.  I have not seen a 1923 roadster door with an outside handle.

Bob, this is a '23, note door handle. All '23 open cars had outside door handles.

20190202_145527.thumb.jpg.3c8c51c2acffd3bab2c6757029448d28.jpg