95Cardinal

Seeking 1958 Buick bumper jack and Estate Wagon jack instruction sheet

Recommended Posts

I need a bumper jack for a 1958 Buick.

 

If you don't have a jack, a good picture of a 58 Buick jack would be a great help.

 

I'm also hoping someone has a photo of a jacking instruction card for an Estate Wagon.

I know it is not the same as a regular passenger car jack instruction sheet.

 

Thanks!

Joe Tonietto

Edited by 95Cardinal
spelling (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

20181006_214448.thumb.jpg.2d19d640d896e1b8391eee49c8e3d14b.jpgThese are jacks that go under the frame from the side, perpendcular to the side. Foot can be used with jack handle, but imho display only sitting in trunk. Yeah 20181006_214448.thumb.jpg.2d19d640d896e1b8391eee49c8e3d14b.jpg

15 hours ago, 95Cardinal said:

I need a bumper jack for a 1958 Buick.

 

If you don't have a jack, a good picture of a 58 Buick jack would be a great help.

 

I'm also hoping someone has a photo of a jacking instruction card for an Estate Wagon.

I know it is not the same as a regular passenger car jack instruction sheet.

 

Thanks!

Joe Tonietto

20180329_180550.thumb.jpg.1b461f7d3f02c41b1ded9a61e26d3bf4.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 2:40 PM, 2carb40 said:

20181006_214448.thumb.jpg.2d19d640d896e1b8391eee49c8e3d14b.jpgThese are jacks that go under the frame from the side, perpendcular to the side. Foot can be used with jack handle, but imho display only sitting in trunk. Yeah 20181006_214448.thumb.jpg.2d19d640d896e1b8391eee49c8e3d14b.jpg

20180329_180550.thumb.jpg.1b461f7d3f02c41b1ded9a61e26d3bf4.jpg

 

Thanks, 2carb40.

I thought those horizontal frame jacks were only used in 1957.

Were they also used in 1958?

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Good ? I thought some 58 perts would chime in with correct info. I think they were also used in 56? Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2carb40 said:

Good ? I thought some 58 perts would chime in with correct info. I think they were also used in 56? Anyone?

The horozontal type jacks were definitely used in 56 an 57, and there were at least 3 different versions of them.  Not sure about other years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete Phillips confirmed that Adam Martin's picture (post #2) is the correct jack for 58.

The horizontal jacks were apparently used in 56 & 57, as 2carb40 and lancemb indicated.

Thanks to all for your information!

 

I was able to find one on ebay recently and it is now in the car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now