Buick Product Service Bulletins 1955

Mudbone

https://www.hometownbuick.com/buick-literature/1955-buick-literature/

Hometown Buick seems to be doing okay with their archive. Its safe to assume it must be free to share since there is no disclaimer on their website.

This website has been immensely helpful. If not for it, I wouldn't go out of my way to read through and research the problems and improvements each year had over the others. For instance, it helped me learn that a 54 and 55 WCFB are nearly identical except for the primary venturi size, and that the 56 WCFB is vastly different.

53-56WCFB.jpg

Edited by Beemon (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/27/2019 at 4:40 PM, Mudbone said:

Does anyone know if the 1955 product service bulletins have been copied and available to view? I have quite a few and they have good info in them. Can these be copied and shared with the Buick club members without copyright infringements?

Mudbone, Hello to you & many props for your fantastic restoration of your Buick Century! I’ve watched every issue of the MANY videos of your progress that you’ve posted on YouTube over the years and have additionally read through all of your thread on the topic; HIGHLY INFORMATIVE! I’ve dug through this site from time to time in an attempt to learn as much as I can, as I go through the steps of “S L O W L Y” restoring at least one of my two 1955 Buick Super 2Dr Riviera’s, now both with the original Factory A/C Systems and, for whatever reason, just know discovered this surprisingly short thread! I likewise, have nearly every issue of these original Buick PSB’s for ‘55 and, those issued in the last few months of ‘54 that contain pertinent information about the ‘55 model year Buick’s. Ironically, the vast majority of these original PSB’s that I’ve acquired, were purchased together from the gentleman that runs/owns/operates the above mentioned website, hometownbuick out of Germany! I’ve even sent him a few high resolution pictures (digital images, of a few of the original 1955 Buick extremely rare documents that I keep well guarded) for him to produce high quality reproductions of! I do concur that his site is FANTASTIC and just LOADED with possibly the world’s best, single source for all things Buick of the 1950’s! This all said, of these originals that I’ve acquired & those I’ve obtained elsewhere, I’d really like to someday acquire/obtain the few remaining issues that have thus far eluded my grasp! The main one I’m seeking being the first issue of January 1955 or, pages 55 to 60, as well as the cover page that’s not page marked more specifically (at least, not counted until Feb of ‘55, from what I can discern). The other 1955 issue I’m missing, would be Nov. pp. 21 to 26. Also, an issue from 1954 of pp. 198 to —? I’m not sure if this issue contains any information pertaining to 1955 or not; I’ll have to check with the above mentioned website. If you happen to have any “extras” to any of these missing issues that you’d be willing to sell or trade for or at least, decent resolution  copies of, I’d be interested! Thanks!8A849FB3-8691-4B8B-AC3E-ED58BC238DCE.thumb.jpeg.e3f68050ead183c040b47d0e5c4e154c.jpeg

464DF3C9-7115-4383-B77B-2B06BC94FB00.jpeg

43A7C1D8-2E75-42A0-9C03-8E27794D78B6.jpeg

Old-tank: I really appreciate the scanned pdf styled list of your PSB’s! After going through the list, I’m wondering why the list begins in March? The pages comprising the first of two issues of January ‘55 is what I’m most interested in seeing (pp. 55 to 60) & I’ve yet to figure out how to properly navigate through that  hometownbuick site to find these. But, at least your list did finally solve for me, the mystery of what information the 1st issue of Nov. ‘55, pp. 21 to 26 has on them! Predominantly information pertaining to the ‘56 Buick model year cars, as I’d suspected they’d have.

Old-tank: Yes, I have more of them. Aside from that original 3-ring binder itself that’s in the pictures above, to which I just recently acquired via eBay, the PSB’s themselves were obtained sometime in 2016 I believe. I do also have a few of these PSB issues that are duplicates (extras), that I’d be willing to sell/trade to whomever but, not until  I get around to organizing all of the various extras or, wrong year items to post in the correct “for sale” section here. So, would you (Old-tank) need digital scanned high res images of each of these pages, sent to you via email or, directly posted on here individually? I don’t currently have any of these pages scanned yet so, it may be a little while before I can get that task done first.

I’m working on the scanning process in between my spare time. Should have them ready soon. As much as I do know, I also willingly admit to still being rather computer illiterate so bare with me on this task. Should I (if I can figure out how) place only a link on here to the pdf source or, the pdf itself on here?

31 minutes ago, Sean Batiz said:

I’m working on the scanning process in between my spare time. Should have them ready soon. As much as I do know, I also willingly admit to still being rather computer illiterate so bare with me on this task. Should I (if I can figure out how) place only a link on here to the pdf source or, the pdf itself on here?

This site will not let you use PDF files.  Sent me a PM for my email so you can attach .  THEN I can put it on my server and you can link to it for use here or elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2020 at 3:20 PM, old-tank said:

This site will not let you use PDF files.  Sent me a PM for my email so you can attach .  THEN I can put it on my server and you can link to it for use here or elsewhere.

Still working on this task in what little spare time I seem to have these days. Hopefully, I’ll be able to provide you with these scans by the end of this week! 😬

• Thanks 1