Buick paper ads

Elpad

On 1/20/2020 at 11:41 AM, J.H.Boland said:

1920 McLaughlin-Buick ad from The Farmer's Advocate magazine.

McLaughlin-Buick ad Christmas 1919 1.jpg

Jeez that looks cold.  I'm cold getting into the car in the morning after it's been sitting in the garage all night.  I can't imagine having to brush snow off the seats and floors as well as the windshield if it were sitting outside.    In the early days of motoring, I wonder how many car owners even had a garage ?

25 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Jeez that looks cold.  I'm cold getting into the car in the morning after it's been sitting in the garage all night.  I can't imagine having to brush snow off the seats and floors as well as the windshield if it were sitting outside.    In the early days of motoring, I wonder how many car owners even had a garage ?

You have to remember that for many people,this was the big leap from horse-drawn conveyances. At least you had some heat from the engine and likely a charcoal heater on the floor. You weren't getting snow and other more offensive stuff kicked up in your face by the horse's hooves.It looks cold to us,but in 1920 it was luxurious !

On 2/7/2020 at 10:20 PM, Elpad said:

9D048A58-BE70-45AF-8E26-A34E5C7406CB.jpeg

If I ever wear out the 320 in my 1937 Roadmaster 80C Phaeton,

I'll head to Crown Buick, my local Buick-GMC Dealer to take them up on this offer.

Hopefully they'll do better than their service department did with our poor, poor (then brand new) 1982 Buick Century Limited they sold me! The quality of service, lack of dependability, delivered with mismatched and mottled paint, electric relays which rarely triggered the electric fan so it overheated every time my wife waited at the bank's, or the fast food's drive-thru ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a whole pile of Buick Brochures individually listed right now on ebay dating back to the 1920's I believe with alot from the 1930's.  Lots of great images as I photographed almost every page. I'm not trying to push them here, but if you want to see some great images just look them up.  Here is a link to one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383463110162

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1