Sign in to follow this  
sparkie164

64 buick skylark

I thought I read somewhere that GM A body radiator supports were interchangable across the lineup , i.e. 64 chevelle would bolt into a 64 skylark . Is this true?

1 hour ago, sparkie164 said:

I thought I read somewhere that GM A body radiator supports were interchangable across the lineup , i.e. 64 chevelle would bolt into a 64 skylark . Is this true?

Not even close.  I don't know where you read that, but it is totally false. Heck, you can't even interchange core supports between a 64 and 65 Skylark, let alone across divisions. About the only sheet metal that does interchange between 64 Chevelle and Skylark are floor pan, cowl, and firewall.

Edited by joe_padavano (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 8:33 PM, sparkie164 said:

Curious what the motivation 4 the ? Is? They started in '64, with "downflow" radiators with different sizes for different displacement engines, then the switch to "crossflow".  '65 saw the gransport with another radiator specifically for it only. Different devisions of GM were definitely different in those daze!

Edited by 2carb40 (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, 2carb40 said:

Curious what the motivation 4 the ? Is? They started in '64, with "downflow" radiators with different sizes for different displacement engines, then the switch to "crossflow".  '65 saw the gransport with another radiator specifically for it only. Different devisions of GM were definitely different in those daze!

I'm guessing the OP has a rusted out Skylark core support and is looking for a replacement.