Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 30 days are pruned and will no longer show here
PhilAndrews

PhilAndrews

Afternoon, all

I'm making prep to pull my engine and transmission out- 8 with hydramatic because I need to rebuild the gearbox valve block (plus it leaks like the Exxon Valdez).

I'm thinking the easiest method will be to pull them both out as a unit, I'm going to remove the strengthening frame from in front of the radiator and the front grille to give enough room. The radiator is out already. 

There's a mount at the front (2 bolts that I see), the propshaft, a mount at the rear, the gearshift linkage, throttle linkage, gearbox thrill position linkage, speedometer and the electricals to remove.

I've pulled the generator off, I'll take the manifolds off and I was looking to use four of the head bolts as lifting points.

Anything I've missed? The service manual helpfully shows a nice sketch of one side of the engine and that's all there is on the topic.

Phil

PhilAndrews

PhilAndrews

Afternoon, all

I'm making prep to pull my engine and transmission out- 8 with hydramatic because I need to rebuild the gearbox valve block (plus it leaks like the Exxon Valdez).

I'm thinking the easiest method will be to pull them both out as a unit, I'm going to remove the strengthening frame from in front of the radiator and the front grille to give enough room. The radiator is out already. 

There's a mount at the front (2 bolts that I see), the propshaft, a mount at the rear, the gearshift linkage, throttle linkage, gearbox thrill position linkage, speedometer and the electricals to remove.

I've pulled the generator off, I'll take the manifolds off and I was looking to use four of the head bolts as lifting points.

Anything I've missed? The service manual helpfully shows a nice sketch of one side of the engine and that's all there is on the topic.

Phil