Late 50's Chevrolet Jack Base to ID

STAYGOLD

Hello, 

Trying to identify this Jack Base to the original vehicle.  I found the part number listing in one of my Chevrolet Parts Catalogs, shown on a page which depicts several difference bases, but the part number is not in the listing with a description of what it is for...

The base part number is "3752407" from Group #8.820, and it also shows that the base is part of the jack assemblies "3752406" and "3755867"...those too are not listed...

So, I've got the part numbers, but can't find a listing for those numbers in any of my parts catalogs.

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

IMG_4471.JPG

IMG_4474.JPG

There is no number stamped on the jack base...my parts catalog shows a picture of this exact base and also references the part number for the base along with the jack assemblies it belongs to, but on the next page in the catalog with all of the text, descriptions and such, it doesn't list any of the part numbers shown on the picture page...so, I've got all the correct part numbers, but no indication as to what vehicle or vehicles it was original to...

To me it looks very light weight and not well constructed. I would think that if it is an original GM base it would be for an older car before they started improving the design to make them stronger and steadier. It looks more after market to me. 

Thank you for clarification about the base part #, but in reviewing 5 Chev parts books at: http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/   Part numbers "3752407" or "3752406" and "3755867" don't appear on the numerical p/n list in any of the 5 catalogs. For that matter there's nothing with prefix "375nnnn".  It makes me wonder what vintage "Chevrolet Parts Catalogs" have the #'s mentioned in the op. 

To me it looks like a common jack base that was used on many GM vehicles in the 60's, and maybe into the 70's.  The jack post was a hollow formed tube.  The other style that I remember was like an "I" beam/ "T" with the notches for the jack mechanism.

Other vehicles might have used the same parts. 

Many of those jacks were the same with just the part that goes on the car different.  Same jack, different adapter.

Attached is the picture from my 1929-59 Chevrolet Parts Catalog...

As you can see, it lists the numbers underneath the picture, but can't find the numbers in the actual numerical listing or description pages...

I looked over a dozen of my catalogs from 1955 to 1962...the part number, if in somewhat order with the other jack bases seems to be in the 1957 - 1958 era....

IMG_4498.thumb.JPG.3f130e0442d78f5b6d408bfa5cb1bf98.JPG

STAYGOLD I've been collecting jacks for 15+ years and have never seen this style base in real life.  It does match the illustration exactly.  What ever it fits... not many of the jacks were made ( or survived ).  Here's to hoping you find an answer, keep digging..!

With two additional part numbers there's a chance one of the numbers was for a "hook" that slipped into the jack mechanics.  Hooks didn't show up till mid 1950's.

Edited by Wowabunga (see edit history)

Plugging your part#'s into  http://www.gmpartswiki.com/query brings up a 29-58 Chev parts book and a nice illustration of 10 diff.

Chevrolet Jack bases including yours. But like your situation there's nothing say what models use the jack(s) associated w/ your base.

instead the catalog suggests you can order the parts.  Maybe several varieties were used in a model year and this was their way to

prevent ordering the wrong base.

1405750507_chevjackbases2.thumb.jpg.7b21fa7afa66a68a779fc96c36f01aba.jpgwhat model/application.

Edited by drwatson (see edit history)