trouble spots on a '46?

50Traveler

I am going to drive 7 hours tomorrow to look at a '46 Super.  It looks to be in really good shape but pictures were taken before the seller lost storage and it has been outside all this winter.  

Are there any predictable weak areas or areas/systems prone to trouble with these?  I have been fiddling around with old cars and doing most of my own work for 40 years, and while a sedanet body has been on my wish list for decades this is the closest I am to bringing one home.

Thank you for any info,

Justin

Floor rust, especially under the rubber floor mats; cracked exhaust manifold; cloth insulation that flakes off of the old wiring, especially under the hood where there are temperature extremes; broken hood latch handles; trunk latch handle that spins loose and does not work the latches.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

1946 76-C and other Buicks

Leonard, TX

Thank you.  I will definitely be on the lookout for rust, especially soft floors.  Any other typical rust spots unique to these?  It is a NE car, suddenly cast out into the elements this year.  Shiny paint in photos could be hiding lots of stuff.  I will check the manifold by ear and sight.