Gas tank removal model 32

gossjh

I have decided to remove the under the cowl gas tank in a model 32 for cleaning. I have the center control rods out, the strap fasteners both on inside of dash and fire wall. Looks like mag and steering column need removed. Any hints on how to not make extra work for my self, as I procede.

• 2 weeks later...

All,

my tech advisor recommended leaving the mag alone as getting it back in phase might be a bit difficult. He let me know that the steering column does need to come out . Then the cowl body section has four bolts and with other linkage disassembly , it could be removed and the tank removed. I chose to clean in place.

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2019 at 7:12 AM, Hupp36 said:

Great car,  thank you  for  taking the  time to  show  us  this  fine  car. As  for the  door latch  pulls, maybe you  could  have  them  made on  a  lathe in a machine  shop.

As for the latch pulls: If they do not show up at Chickasha, I have already talked to Mel Draper about posibly casting them, using my best original as a pattern. 

Hope you  find  some, but If  you  do  have  some  cast, there  are some  members in  the  Hupp Club  with  Model  32's that  may  also  need  some. You  could place  an  add in the  Hupp Parts  Locator if  you  do  end  up casting them  and  could  recoup some  of  your  cost .

• Like 1