1963 Buick Riviera Boss 338 Rims

unconventional63

Hey Everyone!

This is my first post so my apologies if i posted it in the wrong place...but i was just online doing research on the Boss 338 wheel that I would love to put on my 1963 Riviera, and I came across this site and was reading a tread about some guys putting them on their Riv and having to swap the from brakes out for discs, but then some guys said you could just use a spacer, so i decided to join this site to read everything and I couldn't find that post again....SO I was hoping that one of the guys who posted in that forum sees this and can tell me again what was needing to be done to fit the Boss 338s to their Riviera? There was a white riv with the grey boss 338 on it, and a black riv with a red pinstripe/decal on the side with chrome Ridlers i believe....I'm looking to put 18X8.5 with a 4.8" backspacing (this was what was suggested to me) but i will be lowering the car with a 2" lowering spring and shocks as air ride is WAY too much...

Anyway, what was the verdict again? Can the 18X8.5" Boss 338s fit on a Riviera without any adjustments besides maybe a spacer? Thank you so much for your help....i am looking to put the Black ones with the chrome lip on my car....(1963 Riviera, i painted her two tone white and black)

13 minutes ago, Pfeil said:

18" wheels on a Riviera make the car look like it's on steroids. You want the Wildcat wheel which was designed along with the Riviera's wheel house and body dimensions in mind.

CARS-07.JPG

Wow gorgeous Riviera, i was never really a fan of them in red, but this one has the right red! And i really do appreciate your opinion but I don't want the Wildcat wheel - I want the Boss 338. I already have the Wildcats on the car that is shown in the photo above and I've ran the for 3 years already, I would like a change and the Boss 338 is a wheel I've always fancied.

So, do you have any mechanical input in regards to the Boss 338?

12 hours ago, first64riv said:

No problem.  Happy to help.  Please let us know how things work out and keep contributing!

Absolutely. I do have to post another thread asking about an engine noise i have in Kruella....my 63 Riv. I will post that shortly and maybe i can get some assistance :) Thanks again!