So I need a car shipped from FL to Chicago.....

John_Mc

Guys, I know of all the major carriers but I'd like to see if I can get a personal recommendation of someone who has had a good experience shipping a car.  I need to ship a 1977 Lincoln Coupe from Sarasota FL to a point north of Chicago.  Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

I have used Passport Transport at least twice--one time

halfway across the country, another time all the way across--

and been happy with their performance.  They give you

an internet address where you can follow the progress of 

your car, via a GPS tracker on the enclosed truck, as it gets to you.

I have heard that Intercity Lines is very good, but I have never

used them.

• Like 1

I recently used a man named Jim that posts on this site under the name “ Trulyvintage”. He was very efficient and timely in moving a car from Florida to Nevada for me when the big named carriers dropped the ball. He posts under the Towing / Trailer section of this forum.

On the other hand, my brother had great results with Reliable, moving a car from Florida to Ohio.

Kevin

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I use a lady in Iowa or Indiana.  I call her, she gets me a truck that she had used before with good results.  Her name is Joanie.  I've used her services many times now.  One time the trucker seemed a little shaky to me.  I reporter him to her and she said he wouldn't work for her again.  Can't ask for more than that.  I just recently had a car shipped to me in Florida from Lansing, MI.  Guy was great.  I feel like her prices are very fair.

9 hours ago, kevin1221 said:

I recently used a man named Jim that posts on this site under the name “ Trulyvintage”. He was very efficient and timely in moving a car from Florida to Nevada for me when the big named carriers dropped the ball. He posts under the Towing / Trailer section of this forum.

On the other hand, my brother had great results with Reliable, moving a car from Florida to Ohio.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Here is your review posted last June ....

Right now I am on my way to South Chesterfield, Virginia 23834 to drop off this newly restored Model TT Truck .....

Then - I am available to haul west to California ..... 😎

Jim

file1-23.jpeg

file-58.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

I would drive it.

The trip is usually more fun than the destination.

Me too. Particularly if I was in Northern Illinois and the car was in South Florida at this time of year. I would really take my sweet time pulling out of town before heading back into the miserable Winter..  😎.    -   Carl 

1 hour ago, g-g-g0 said:

Highly recommend Bills Auto Works! Bills number is 216 832 8697! Excellent service and reputation! Single car hauler. Closed or enclosed.

Bill delivered a Dearborn Deuce body to my shop in Iowa last week.    Excellent service.    I found that, according to the biggies, I wasn't in the "lane"  

Edited by johnworden1 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, g-g-g0 said:

Highly recommend Bills Auto Works! Bills number is 216 832 8697! Excellent service and reputation! Single car hauler. Closed or enclosed.

I've conducted business with Bill twice. Without a shadow of a doubt he is one of the best. 

Charley

• Like 2