Sign in to follow this  
Dave Fields

RR Phantom door latch needed.

Our Springfield PI was embodied as a town car in the mud 1930s. We believe it is a Brewster body. We need the left rear door latch mechanism. Most likely RR bought it from a jobber. The piece we have is missing several pieces. I am going to use an endoscope to see if the pieces are at the bottom of the door. However a better piece that has not been subject to repairs is preferred. The colored dot on the right mechanism is a junk spring someone added. The 3 dots on the left mechanism indicate missing parts.

20190121_150318.jpg

20190121_150258.jpg

Ed Minnie will chime in with who the hardware vendor is.    Those look identical to what I've seen in coachbuilt Dietrich circa 1930/31.

The company name escapes me but they’re out of Syracuse New York.  Made  of unobtainimum.  I gave him a source to check out. 

Reminds me of a 1929-1930 Franklin part - perhaps same-similar enough or at least worthy of more research  (perhaps ask Mike West on this forum) 

• Like 1