joshotto94

Very rough 1937 Zephyr 3 Window Coupe

How's it going?  I've had to take a five month hiatus on my car but I am hoping to get back at it this weekend.  I had to get some parts together.  I am doing the reverse process of what you're doing though.  LOL.  I'm trying to get the mechanical together first and then worry about the cosmetic.  Good luck!

Tonight i started laying out the cut lines on the sedan and on the coupe. I plan to cut the coupe tomorrow and finish laying out rear of sedan. Check it out.

IMG_20190402_200517.jpg

IMG_20190402_200742.jpg

IMG_20190402_200832.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Jos, This post is a fascinating show. Cant wait for the next cut. you must have had a bit of experience with the rule, " measure twice, cut once".  Roy.

[Hope I  haven"t made you nervous or given you stage fright. Keep showing us your work please. ]

Posted (edited)

Hi, good to see you back, you certainly bring home  the real rough ones! 
As you probably know,  that 36 two door Sedan is particularly  rare, worth saving one way or another,  even with an inch or so  out of the roof after you have knocked that massive  dent out or  maybe the 37 4 door sedan roof  could replace the 2 door sedan coupe  roof, could be easier. 
  I imagine you would be just the man to achieve it too! But finish the 37 Coupe first!  How is  it progressing?
  We are all hanging out here waiting to see any latest pics. but just when you are ready. 

Edited by 38ShortopConv. (see edit history)

16 hours ago, 38ShortopConv. said:

Hi, good to see you back, you certainly bring home  the real rough ones! 
As you probably know,  that 36 two door Sedan is particularly  rare, worth saving one way or another,  even with an inch or so  out of the roof after you have knocked that massive  dent out or  maybe the 37 4 door sedan roof  could replace the 2 door sedan coupe  roof, could be easier. 
  I imagine you would be just the man to achieve it too! But finish the 37 Coupe first!  How is  it progressing?
  We are all hanging out here waiting to see any latest pics. but just when you are ready. 

I plan on building the 36 coupe sedan. That car is #89 of 1814 made. I will use my 37 sedan roof and the 39 dash to make the 36 coupe sedan. I will then use the 39 rear fenders on my 37 coupe. Lots of work but a lot of parts have been located. It all takes time. Planning to cut the roof on the sedan in the near future. My coupe doors and trunk should be ready to go in the next couple weeks and then I can really get to working on it all.

10 hours ago, detroitsoul said:

Already looking ahead to the next project?

I have to purchase them when they are for sale not something that pops up for sale everyday. 

• Like 2

Bracing has begun planning to make a lot of progress over the next few months. 

IMG_20190531_110215.jpg

IMG_20190531_110221.jpg

1 hour ago, detroitsoul said:

Are you working on both cars?  What's your timeline for completion?

No timeline at the moment.  I am just working on the coupe for now.  Thanks