Very rough 1937 Zephyr 3 Window Coupe

joshotto94

Rough is generous but it will be one hell of a project.  I'm getting ready to finish off my third year and start year four.  I would also encourage you to post your efforts here.  You know you will have a captive audience and you might get some help along the way.  I know I have.

15 hours ago, detroitsoul said:

Know any of the history on this vehicle?  

I do not, I was told it was driven to where it was parked.  The motor and trans was pulled and it sat in what they called a salvage yard for about 10 years.  Then the yard closed down and it sat for an additional 30 year. The owner is selling the land and clearing all of the cars out so that's how ended up with it. 

The vin should be on the frame on the driver side behind the back wheel.  You might be able to get some info from the Ford Archives.  I did not get ownership history because they lost part of the archives in a fire.  I was lucky enough to receive it from my grandfather.  I did, however, get the build history.

1 hour ago, detroitsoul said:

The vin should be on the frame on the driver side behind the back wheel.  You might be able to get some info from the Ford Archives.  I did not get ownership history because they lost part of the archives in a fire.  I was lucky enough to receive it from my grandfather.  I did, however, get the build history.

I will take a look when I am back at the shop tomorrow.  Thanks 

• Like 1

If I am not mistaken, that is the engine number.  Your first picture looks like the plate on the firewall in the engine compartment.  The engine number is usually longer.

The picture from the frame looks like H40609(?).  That would be your VIN.  The VIN is shorter than the engine number.

• 2 weeks later...