Magnus707

Dodge 1935 v.s 1936 frame

Hi,

Anyone knowing the difference between car frame from Dodge 1935 v.s Dodge 1936. I have a Dodge -36 coupe. I plan to buy a Dodge frame from -35. Will it fit? I know that font cross member in the front is different but otherwise? 

Regards,

Magnus

Why not buy a 36 frame?

The frames are not the same shape even though they might appear to be in pictures. You would be wiser to find a '36 frame. All frames for all passenger car body styles are the same except for the 7 passenger sedan. Of course there are the LHD and RHD options. 

1 hour ago, jpage said:

The frames are not the same shape even though they might appear to be in pictures. You would be wiser to find a '36 frame. All frames for all passenger car body styles are the same except for the 7 passenger sedan. Of course there are the LHD and RHD options. 

Don't the convertibles have a double frame?

Thanks for all response! The issue for me is to find a fram living in Sweden. I have after some detective work found a frame from .-35.

Would it be possible to find a fram from -36 in US?

My March 16, 1936 parts book states that all frames are the same except the 7 passenger sedan. This is an early edition, maybe the convert. frame was strengthened later in production but I'm not aware of that.