How old is this?

nick8086

The first thing I look for on cans and packages is to see if it has a bar code. If so, it's really pretty new. 

If no bar code, then next I look for zip codes for business addresses. Zip codes began being used in 1963. 

Another clue on American products is whether they list volume of the product inside by gallons/quarts only, or if they mention liters, etc. 

Honestly, this one is probably from eighties or newer (label art can exist for decades before companies change it, sometimes). But regardless, being as rusty as this can, with the graphics so badly damaged, AND having highly toxic and corrosive contents, I would say as a collector myself that this particular container is not a valuable collector's item. Indeed it is the opposite...a highly toxic thing which should be disposed of as soon as possible, in an environmentally friendly manner. 

No disrespect intended. 

Nick, that caustic and toxic paint stripper has either been leaking or was spilled on the outside of that can. Look how extremely rusty it is, and how the "label" graphics are disintegrating. If there is still any appreciable content inside it, find out how to dispose of it properly in your community (govt recycling centers often accept such stuff; but sometimes only on certain days)

You can be sure that it will continue to corrode, continue to leak (if not empty), and cause all kinds of damage to everything around it. Not to mention the risk of accidentally getting some in your eyes. Not everything which is "older" is collectible and/or worth the risk. 

11 hours ago, Real Steel said:

The front of the can has a "WARNING- Harmful If Swallowed..." statement, so its not old.

In the old days, people just didn't drink that sh**.  They had more sense than people today.  

I gave your comment a thumbs up. I am also trying to give it a laughing face:lol: But the forum only lets a person give one reaction. Can we vote for comment of the year? This one has my vote. Two, Too, to funny.:lol:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Real Steel said:

The front of the can has a "WARNING- Harmful If Swallowed..." statement, so its not old.

In the old days, people just didn't drink that sh**.  They had more sense than people today.  

You mean humankind isn't getting smarter?  That' unpossible.  How can eating a Tide Pod be worse than drinking paint stripper?  🤢

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 11:55 PM, Real Steel said:

I just had to laugh

we have these discussion at work all the time

'Common Sense Required'

growing up we need dish detergent was for dishes, and laundry detergent was for laundry not to try and be cool and eat one and post a video of it.

and i do think technology is making people lazier and dumber, want to know something google it, growing up i have to learn things and figure things out. make no mistake i use google to find things and learn about things, same goes for you bube, i use it to see how to do things. i do not sure it for social media aspects or to see what is cool and not. and i went outside and played and met my friends, we called each other to make arrangements to get together and hang out or if lil johnny wasn't able to come out and play :)

i knew what my friends REALLY looked like because i saw them every few days ;)if not everyday on the bus or riding bikes,. etc....