Sign in to follow this  
Rockne33DLXRoadster

Wanted best repro wiring for 33 Rockne

I used a Rhode Island in the 32 St. Regis--they were great & big help when I got stuck--they have my vote--Tom

Have you checked with Lark Works in Stockton, Kansas yet? They specialize in most Studebaker and Packard wiring harnesses....

Rhode Island makes them with original looking wires.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 12:05 PM, Rockne33DLXRoadster said:

Who does the original style "textile" insulated Wires?

YnZ has reproduced the Rockne harness in the past and includes it in their catalog.

Rhode Island Wire Service may have as well.

Both have great reputations and produce only the best original type harnesses using new wire with the correct color coding in the original braided lacquered wire, with all connectors attached and clearly labeled.

You can't go wrong with either of them.

My '51 has a harness from YnZ and my '53 has one from Rhode Island. Comparable quality and comparable price.

RBK has supplied both links above.

• Thanks 1

Studebakers West in California do excellent work for later cars, as I had a new harness made for my '63 Diesel.  I cannot answer for earlier years with the cloth covered wiring, though.

Here is their website:  https://www.studebakerswest.net/

Craig

This has nothing to do with the original question but is a comment on later answers.

SI has several truck wiring harnesses in stock that are not in their catalog.

These are mostly for oddball applications, so if you have a part number , call them.

Or if you want to gamble , most "C" cab applications up to 1964 are modifiable.The larger late trucks had a few extra wires etc.for clearance lights etc.

I had Rhode Island do my '32 Dictator ten years ago.  Incorporated turn-signals and still looked very original.  Perfect fit.

• Thanks 1