1920 Buick K45 project Pittsburgh PA craigslist

Near Greensburg. PA. That is about 20 miles from where I grew up. It looks to have been outside for some years then put in a shed. The shed probably fell down and it was moved to another spot, put up on blocks and covered over. I like the 2X4 stays to hold the body together. I remember "beating the bushes" for any old cars in this area back in the early 1970s. A Model A or 2 was about all I ever found. It looks as though the early 1970s was when this should have been saved. I wish I would have found it then. I know of a 1928 Chevrolet 4 Dr with very low miles that sat in a garage several miles from my Monongahela home in the 1960s. It was never for sale at any price. Stories of the local Chevy dealer had offered a new Impala for it etc. Always a steady stream of people to inquire and offer. No sale. The garage eventually collapsed on it then a box truck trailer appeared over it in the 1980s. Since then the house has been torn down but the box trailer is still there where the garage stood. I wonder if the 28 Chevy is still in there?

Just telling, that at the time period that I started looking for a 1920s or earlier car 1970s every enthusiast knew of where there was a car to be had. Those owners were pestered to sell their collector car always holding out for an ever increasing sale price. Many times the car was drug out of the field and hidden to stop the intrusions.

I can be working on my 1920s Buicks for several days with the garage doors open. Even with the steady stream of traffic down my alley from the local hospital not even a curious passer by will ask about them. Let alone someone to ask if they were for sale.

• Like 1

A 1928 car in the '60s would have been about 40 years old. My '76 Eldo' gets quite a bit of attention from people who were born after 1976. Although these Gen. X, or whatever, do like my '20s cars if confronted by them, they seldom harbor "possession fantasies". I think for many in that age group, this 90-100 year old stuff hardly computes as cars.   -   Carl 

• Like 1