Sign in to follow this  
32BuickVicky

Need a few spare parts for a 32 Buick

New to the page guys.  Sorry for the newby first post. I just bought a 32 Buick Victoria 80 Series.  I need a few parts but I'm not having much luck online. Figured there may be some folks around here with some spares.

Hand crank

The cover for the hand crank receiver

Speedometer/Odometer

Auxillary heater

Windshield wiper arm

Wiper blades

Also wondering if anyone has info on replacing the veneer around the gauge panel and glove box.

Edited by 32BuickVicky (see edit history)

Quite sure I have a spare speedometer/odometer; believe those are all the same for 1932, regardless of series. Will look when I get back to my shop on Monday. Last crank hole cover I had went for over $300 on Ebay. I don't think I have any more of those. They have a bad habit of falling off when the car hits a bumpy road. Might have some of the other stuff, but it is scattered among four buildings, so it takes me awhile to find it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

15 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

Quite sure I have a spare speedometer/odometer; believe those are all the same for 1932, regardless of series. Will look when I get back to my shop on Monday. Last crank hole cover I had went for over $300 on Ebay. I don't think I have any more of those. They have a bad habit of falling off when the car hits a bumpy road. Might have some of the other stuff, but it is scattered among four buildings, so it takes me awhile to find it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

Wow, thank you Pete. 3 weeks ago, I had no idea I'd own one, but knew it was a perfect match when I found it. Just got to play a little catch up on learning the ins and outs of her.

The crank hole covers are the same for all 32 Buick models.  PN .245

I think I have one somewhere in my piles of junk.  With a warm day, I'll search for it.  It's not in the best condition but is restoreable.  I've also got some junk speedometers.  They would need a complete rebuild.

I believe Bob's Automobilia has the wiper arms and blades.

Welcome to the 32 Buick Victoria guys.   I've been restoring my 32-58 forever.  At least, it's going back together now.

Bob Engle

I forgot to mention how most dash glovebox door and gauge cluster panels are restored.  The original parts were silk screen printed on the metal plate.  Mac Blair has the correct pattern printed on paper with a clear plastic laminate on top.

There are two ways to use the this reproduction.  One is to remove the panels and carefully razorcut  the piece to fit inside the chrome bezels.  My chrome parts were in need of replating.  I very carefully bent the tabs on the back and removed ;the chrome bezels and had them replated.  Then I glued the repro panels on the plates and trimmed the edges.  The  bezels are brass that is chrome plated.  Brass age hardens and can crack rather than bend.  I hope this helps.

I did look into making new metal panels and then having the correct pattern inkjet printed onto the panels.  The process was not very good pricewise and I abandoned the idea.

I hope this helps.

Bob Engle

Here is what I have. Contact me for prices. I have learned from experience not to post prices for all to see, thanks to unscrupulous folks who come along and undercut me after I do all the work of finding the parts, take the photos, post them, etc.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

I also have a couple of vintage heaters, but they need restoring / assembly; do not appear to have any core leaks.  Came with my collection of 1932 Buick parts, but not necessarily for a Buick.

Pete Phillips

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

On 1/12/2019 at 8:01 PM, 32BuickVicky said:

New to the page guys.  Sorry for the newby first post. I just bought a 32 Buick Victoria 80 Series.  I need a few parts but I'm not having much luck online. Figured there may be some folks around here with some spares.

Hand crank

The cover for the hand crank receiver

Is it hard to start a straight 8 with a hand crank? I'm wondering.....

No really this is a serious question. Does anybody have an early straight 8 with a hand crank that has ever tried starting it that way? Does it start?

If it's a stupid question don't be afraid to say "Morgan that's a stupid question"

Morgan, I don't know the answer but I've seen videos of people starting an 8 with a crank - not necessarily a Buick though. It would scare me to death personally.

Funny thing - I found the hand crank under a bunch of junk in the truck.