Can anyone determine if this is an magazine ad or leasing dealer showroom poster?

Did anyone work at a Buick dealer in 1989 or know a lot about their advertising? I recently bought a copy of the 1989 Buick Ad Planner and thought this would be in there. Buick said they specially printed this back then for advertising but I don’t think it was in magazines before. I am thinking maybe a showroom display poster.... does anyone have a general idea where I can find one?

B5AC66CE-61C6-42BA-A06C-7A8CFF54418D.thumb.jpeg.ac01ae19d34427a1fdcb54537ec66f70.jpeg

I think the "ad planner" was for the local dealer to submit to the local newspaper, maybe the HS football program....etc...they could add their name and phone number.

It did not contain all the display ads that Buick would use each year.......even these were special ..... an ad in Mechanics Illistrated would target a different audience than Vogue,  so the ad and pitch would be different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, Barney Eaton said:

I think the "ad planner" was for the local dealer to submit to the local newspaper, maybe the HS football program....etc...they could add their name and phone number.

It did not contain all the display ads that Buick would use each year.......even these were special ..... an ad in Mechanics Illistrated would target a different audience than Vogue,  so the ad and pitch would be different.

Agree.  The advertising planners were sent to the dealer to use in dealers local advertising.  I had a whole bunch of them from the 80's and I donated them to The Sloan Museum in Flint.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)