Smartin

Garnet Red 57 Roadmaster 75

Those points sure get expensive.  How much are you paying for each one?  And is it worth it?  It's only original once.

• Haha 1

I thought the battery just needed to be a Delco branded, not an original style. Although there may not be that much difference in price any more.

It is too bad the original parts have to come out in the quest. But for 400 points that is what it takes.  I just hope it doesn't make you think twice about driving it.

I have no problem driving the car.  As far as the battery is concerned, I think the look of the original style is great...and seems to be the only way I can find a battery that will fit with the original style hold-down bracket.

Since the majority of the car has been worked over, (ie. new paint and upholstery), I am more apt to change out the old tattered hood insulation and trunk lining.  Most of the engine compartment has been spray bombed, too...so originality has gone out the window pretty much completely.  Time to spruce it up the right way.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Smartin said:

I have no problem driving the car.  As far as the battery is concerned, I think the look of the original style is great...and seems to be the only way I can find a battery that will fit with the original style hold-down bracket.

Since the majority of the car has been worked over, (ie. new paint and upholstery), I am more apt to change out the old tattered hood insulation and trunk lining.  Most of the engine compartment has been spray bombed, too...so originality has gone out the window pretty much completely.  Time to spruce it up the right way.

Adam:

As far as the battery is concerned, I have a reproduction Delco battery (attached photos)sans electrolite which I am willing to make available to you.  Also I have a fan clutch that was NOS one thousand miles back.

Dan (Caballero2)

Repro Delco Group 29 Battery.jpg

Repro Delco Grp 29 Battery.jpg

Edited by Caballero2 (see edit history)

I have the ball rolling on a new battery already, but thank you for the offer.

7 hours ago, Smartin said:

Since the majority of the car has been worked over, (ie. new paint and upholstery), I am more apt to change out the old tattered hood insulation and trunk lining.  

Are you changing the trunk boards or just the fabric?

Just the fabric...I think the cardboard side pieces are in ok shape.  Are there reproductions available for the boards?

2 hours ago, Smartin said:

Just the fabric...I think the cardboard side pieces are in ok shape.  Are there reproductions available for the boards?

There are, but they don't have the pattern in them.  However, it can be reproduced pretty well such as I did for coupe.  However, I wanted to do it again with a larger sample to make it even better.  That's kinda why I was asking, in case you were going to replace them. 

• Like 1

Months ago when I made the order to CARS for some stuff, I ordered trunk fabric.  Low and behold, it is NLA.  I'm going to just leave it for now...as I might have to let this car go sooner than expected.  I am still trying to hold out for Strongsville to have it judged again, but I also need to free up some cash for this building I'm putting up.  I'll chip away at what I can on this car to keep correcting issues, but don't see the whole list getting rectified.

One small victory this evening...I was not in a mood to roll around in rust and grind on metal, so I decided to replace the hood insulation.  Lance was kind enough to send me the dimensions and I got a full sheet to cut on my own.

IMG_2883.jpg

• Like 6