RICHELIEUMOTORCAR

1908 REO touring original unrestored.

Very interesting discussion.  What Ed said is the key.  TIME.  Do it while you can.  

That being said.  Asking price is just that.  Asking price.  Why do people taunt sellers and get them upset.  Lets talk about the car. Someone will buy this car for the love, hunt, thrill, challenge or whatever gives them pleasure .  

I went and met Matt and looked at a few of his cars about 18 months ago.  Friendly and nice guy.  He treated me with respect and I he.  I love seeing these old time warp cars being pulled out of the garage after years of being hidden away.  I applaud him for taking the time and effort to do this and giving others enjoyment in seeing them.    I am a foreign car guy and I wish he had a few of them.

Don't let anyone get you down Matt.  Keep up the good work and thanks for posting so we can all see and enjoy. 

• Like 3

same as Wayne, i love 20s cars and even better if orphan makes.   i have emailed with the seller a few times and chatted over rare 20s cars, rare hubcabs etc. we love. i look forward to the fact that he always offers us on this forum first shot before ebay or other methods to sell...Thanks

• Like 2

I would like to encourage RICHELIEUMOTORCAR to begin a new thread for this Reo, and sidestep this thread drift that doesn't really help him. I admire what he is doing, trying to get some of these hidden treasures into the hands of hobbyists so that the cars can be restored, enjoyed, and seen. I wish I were in a position to consider this Reo, or one of the Buicks he showed on another thread. I wish him well, and hope he can find buyers that he can be happy about. 

I would also like to apologize for my part in the thread drift. Even though I do believe what I said, did need to be said.

• Like 1

Do you have any more photos of Reo? 

Would like to see engine photos and the other side of the car if possible. 

Looks like at some point in time somebody put a new firewall on the car. Is the coil box still there?

Edited by Nash34 (see edit history)

Regarding fenders I had a new set for a 1908 gentleman roadster made from original patterns. The fenders had a flat surface with rolled lip with about 3/4 inch hang underneath. Top surface had raised approx half inch raisedindentions around the edge. I might have originals if u need for patterns and can definitely get measurements off of new fenders. My area has a number of sheet metal fabricators due to racing industry so was easy to find and have produced. If I can help let me know. 

The 08 Reo was a barnfind that had been put up for 60 years at the time of my purchase in 1983. So feel fenders  were and are correct.