Roger Frazee

AACA Annual Meeting

Recommended Posts

Why is the annual meeting schedule hidden? Need the special handshake?

 

The link above is for an out of date schedule. I had a link to the new schedule, but it is not on this website that I can find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank DuVal said:

Why is the annual meeting schedule hidden? Need the special handshake?

 

The link above is for an out of date schedule. I had a link to the new schedule, but it is not on this website that I can find.

I got an email with it on Monday.  https://files.constantcontact.com/8cca7e3a001/b4d4815a-fc3e-4e2b-a182-766f20edec2b.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, is anybody interested in a Discussion Forum member meeting in Philadelphia? Typically we invite folks to get together for a short in person meeting. Wayne Burgess has often provided a recommendation for a time and location. I even found my DF'er button today. It has been around quite a few years. Anybody else going to be wearing your button in Philadelphia?

 

Any thoughts on a meeting?

DSC_0691.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt,

If you guys do get together, try and get a photo or two to post on here.  It would be cool to be able to put some faces with the names.

 

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to try and attend - let us know the time and place and I'll try and be there.  Would love to have a DF button - where can I get one?
Terry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Devine "Novaman" if I recall his forum user name correctly, was the guy who manufactured and sold the buttons. I have not seen much of David in a while. I don't know if he is still set up for producing them or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MCHinson said:

David Devine "Novaman" if I recall his forum user name correctly, was the guy who manufactured and sold the buttons. I have not seen much of David in a while. I don't know if he is still set up for producing them or not. 

Correct, Matt.  "Novaman" (David Devine) was David's user name.  I do recall that he put a lot of effort and artwork into designing the badges.  This was back in the day when we met in one of the Salon rooms at the Sheraton just after they tore down the St. George's  restaurant for development.

 

Peter J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have sent a message to David asking him to check on this discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

I have sent a message to David asking him to check on this discussion.

 

OK.  Just thought I would remind you of his name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a time and place , I will be there Kings32  . It was nice to talk to some of you ,like to meet others .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have discussed it with Wayne and while I never can remember which floor is the one with the Annual Meeting Registration desk, we will plan a Discussion Forum Member (DF'er) Meeting during the Friday lunch break on the same level as the Registration Desk, but at the other end, at the far tables. So, grab a sandwich and come find us at the far tables. Hope to see you all there.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a word of warning  for AACA members planning on using the Gateway Parking Garage when attending the annual meeting.

This garage has a HEIGHT Restriction of 6 Feet 10 inches tall. If the vehicle you are planning to drive to the meeting exceeds this height you will not be able to park in this structure. I have parked in this structure for the past several years on Saturday with my car. I have seen some half ton pickups parked in this garage and they did fit although a few did come close to the max height.  Click on links below.

In prior years I have parked my half ton pickup in the underground lot at the Sheraton. It was a tight squeeze in places  with the low hanging pipes and HVAC ducts but it was doable. I suspect that the gateway parking garage may also be close in places but also doable for my truck. Depending on the weather this year I may find out how my truck fits at the Gateway Garage.

 

Parking Garage Height Restriction

 

More detailed information about the parking garage

 

FYI, this garage has two entrances. I usually use the entrance on Spring street. 

That address is 1536 Spring Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102 which is what I use for the Google Navigation I use in my smartphone to get to this garage.

 

The Gateway Garage is a SHORT walk (ie literally across the street) to the Hotel where the annual meeting is held.

 

Also be advised that this garage does accept credit cards to pay the parking fee at machines located on ground level. You can also pay with cash at cashier located on ground level. In order to exit the lot you will need a card to open the gate at the exit. Be advised there IS NO BOOTH at the exit with a person in it  where you can pay the parking fee. I always pay the parking fee when I arrive and put the card in my wallet so I don't lose it. Since the parking fee for Saturday is a flat fee of $7 it does not really matter that I pay for parking when I get there.

 

I hope some here might find this information useful.

 

Charlie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynne and I manned the Vintage Tour booth for the weekend and very happy with the interest in the tour this coming Aug. in Kingston Ont. I also meant to get to the DF meeting but missed it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I missed you Joe. Most of the DFers missed the meeting. We need to do a better job of coming up with a specific meeting location and announcing it more in advance to try to get more people to the meeting. There is always next year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCHinson said:

Sorry I missed you Joe. Most of the DFers missed the meeting. We need to do a better job of coming up with a specific meeting location and announcing it more in advance to try to get more people to the meeting. There is always next year...

*

*

Matt and I had a great DFer meeting. I patted him on the back for a job well done, and he patted me, and said something about me not being active enough on the forums lately. He's a tough guy!  ðŸ¤ª 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I missed the DF meeting, but had the chance to sit and visit a couple of times with Matt, and should have spent more time visiting with you Wayne, but as always, it's a pretty hectic weekend. I managed to be on time for my own three seminars and was pleased with the turnout.  It was a great weekend, as always, and a big thanks to everyone involved in making it great.  Special thanks to Stacy Zimmerman for coordinating all the seminars! 

Can't wait for next time, and super anxious to the old car season to begin.

REALLY Proud of our own Tidewater Region for getting Newsletter, Website and the Kirkham membership awards - and of course for our own Jim Elliott as the incoming Executive VP.   It was a real honor to help pass out trophies again this year to so many happy members including some from our own Region for their cars and their service to the club.

Terry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was good seeing you Terry. I knew that you had a lot going on. You and Susan take care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...