Engine Crank Handle

Lots of crank handles are interchangeable.  Someone may have one that would work but would have no idea.  We (non Rockne hobbyists) would need toknow the type od nut that the crank goes into or over.  Also the diameter of the hole in the nut or the outside diameter if the crank fits over the nut.  Length is also important. Search on line for illustrations of cranks to see how many differences there are. give us a hint with a drawing or picture.  Someone here will have one that will work.

This crank handle (NFS) has been under the seat of my '33 Rockne for a minimum of the 61 years I've been able to trace it; with no reason to believe it was replaced in the prior 25 years.

It looks easy enough to reproduce from a length of 2cm stock.

P1130580.JPG

P1130583.JPG

P1130584.JPG

P1130585.JPG

P1130587.JPG

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tinindian said:

I would certainly make one when there is a pattern available.  You might never find one.

This crank handle (NFS) has been under the seat of my '33 Rockne for a minimum of the 61 years I've been able to trace it; with no reason to believe it was replaced in the prior 25 years.

It looks easy enough to reproduce from a length of 2cm stock.

Thank you Brad and Tinindian

will ask Studebaker archive for help. Maybe they have a blueprint of it to make a repro from.

THX for you help!

Edited by Rockne33DLXRoadster (see edit history)

While the 1932-33 Rockne 6-cylinder engine later evolved into the one used in Dictators and Commanders - and trucks through 1960 - the parts book doesn't show many 1933 parts common to the later ones.  The starting crank part number is 510591, fits 1932 and 1933 only.  Maybe the Museum has the drawing.  The last year a crank was supplied was 1934. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary_Ash said:

While the 1932-33 Rockne 6-cylinder engine later evolved into the one used in Dictators and Commanders - and trucks through 1960 - the parts book doesn't show many 1933 parts common to the later ones.  The starting crank part number is 510591, fits 1932 and 1933 only.  Maybe the Museum has the drawing.  The last year a crank was supplied was 1934. 

Thank you for these Information Gary !