New member need parts help

frenchy51

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct spot but I'm a new member. I'm restoring a 1964 Buick Riviera. I'm having trouble finding a source for windshield and rear glass rubber gaskets. I can find the glass but come up blank on the seal. Please let me know

if you know of a source. Thanks and glad to be a member.

Thanks-The glass is fine and hopefully I don't break it taking it out in preparation for body work and paint.  I'm in Ca. BTW. Also-I've looked closer at the windshield and feel foolish that I posted I needed the rubber gasket. I was thinking it used the type of gasket like on my 72 Chevy C10 truck and now see that the Riviera glass doesn't really use that type of rubber molding. Oh well-at 68 it's not the first time I've put my foot in my mouth. Glad to be on the forum though-looking forward to you all helping as the '64 comes back to life...I'll post pictures of my progress.

You might not be aware yet, but first gen Rivieras tend to rust at the bottom of the rear window, and the top of the windshield. If you find some, don't get discouraged, it's extremely common. No replacement metal is available for those areas, you'll have to have the parts made. I suspect that a similarly shaped car (B-body GM, like early chevelle's and skylarks) might have similar shape patch panels that can be used.

16 hours ago, frenchy51 said:

Thanks-The glass is fine and hopefully I don't break it taking it out in preparation for body work and paint.  I'm in Ca. BTW. Also-I've looked closer at the windshield and feel foolish that I posted I needed the rubber gasket. I was thinking it used the type of gasket like on my 72 Chevy C10 truck and now see that the Riviera glass doesn't really use that type of rubber molding. Oh well-at 68 it's not the first time I've put my foot in my mouth. Glad to be on the forum though-looking forward to you all helping as the '64 comes back to life...I'll post pictures of my progress.

Welcome to the forum! Have you considered joining the ROA if you have not already done so?

20 hours ago, frenchy51 said:

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct spot but I'm a new member. I'm restoring a 1964 Buick Riviera. I'm having trouble finding a source for windshield and rear glass rubber gaskets. I can find the glass but come up blank on the seal. Please let me know

if you know of a source. Thanks and glad to be a member.

3m butyl  tape kit or 3m urethane