Need help identifying this car only picture I have

1941chevymike

1 hour ago, Dave Henderson said:

Hard to make out, but it looks to me there are 12 spokes and 6 hub bolts.

I see 10 wood spokes and 4 lug nuts/rim bolts. I can't tell if it has 5 or 6 hub bolts.

12 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I see 10 wood spokes and 4 lug nuts/rim bolts. I can't tell if it has 5 or 6 hub bolts.

From my perspective I see blind space where there could be 2 more spokes that are out of view.  Any 3 spokes visible appear to take up less than 1/4th of the circumference, 4 x 3 would come up to 12..  Likewise, 3 hub bolts look like they take up less than 1/2 of the hub's circumference, so there may be 3 more.

59 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

I still see 10 distinctive spokes plainly.

10 spoke wheel.png

Kaiser,  Yes, I agree now, your enhanced picture tells the story, thanks.   I do think it is a 6 bolt hub, with 2 bolts out of view.  There is a long arc below between the first and fourth bolts visible with, I think, room for the 2 more. 

I checked some sources and thought it may be a Willys or Whippet but the wheels did not match. The 1929 and 1930 Essex line up has similar 10 spoke wheels with a 4 bolt rim and does list a convertible. The Nash does look to be it though because of the 5 bolt hubs. Good work West.

Edited by dibarlaw
spelling (see edit history)

Think you guys are right that it is a Nash, but perhaps 1930. These pics are of a 1930 Nash 450 six article I found. The dash layout would appear correct but it has obviously been modified at some time. The wheels are 10 spoke with 5 hub bolts. The rim clamps design appears to be like the "Motorwheel" ones on my 26 chrysler, but could also be Firestone or Rubsam in design.

Not sure about the 3 spoke steering wheel on a 30 Nash, as I've failed to find a picture showing one.

Viv.

1930_nash_5.jpg

1930_nash_4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm late to the party but NASH was my first guess based on the shape of the spokes, before I read the other replies. Back in the early 1960's there was an old home made trailer in the yard next door made from an old NASH frame & front axle with those distinctive shaped spokes. The hub cap on our side was one of the first I added to my car parts collection. Now that my grandson started a hub collection at Hershey I need to find another to go with this story. Bob