Thinking of selling my 65 Riv. Car has been in my family since 1967. Rebuilt motor, Trans. No rust.  Needs someone to finish off the interior. Any thoughts on Value?IMG_1395.thumb.jpg.3f0701ae546d8deb6243f270a07ab2c4.jpg

OK Coast: A dark green 65 Riv has been the subject of some bogus  offerings recently. Hope it's not yours and hopin' you're legit!  Just sayin'.... miktch

not making any offerings. nothing to gain. just looking for an approx value to help me decide on selling it or not.

22 minutes ago, coast said:

Thinking of selling my 65 Riv. Car has been in my family since 1967. Rebuilt motor, Trans. No rust.  Needs someone to finish off the interior. Any thoughts on Value?IMG_1395.thumb.jpg.3f0701ae546d8deb6243f270a07ab2c4.jpg

Hi Coast,

The more pics and info you post the higher quality feedback you wil receive. Pretty hard to provide an accurate value based on a 50 foot pic.

Tom

Private seller seems to be about $15k for something that needs some work, $20k for very nice, and $25k for almost perfect original. Some list for $30-35k, but that's fishermen wanting GS prices and willing to wait for them.

• Like 1

It's hard to tell by the picture but is there a small Gran Sport emblem under the Riviera script or is it a reflection?

15 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

It's hard to tell by the picture but is there a small Gran Sport emblem under the Riviera script or is it a reflection?

Hence my suggestion that better pics might provide some necessary insight...

Tom

Nice catch Pat! I either need a new computer monitor or an eye exam because I can't see that GS emblem!

Regarding value of the car, we get one 50 foot away picture and we aren't told it is a GS model and we are supposed to come up with

a value. You were joking........right? If you were serious, post about 40 more pics of the car with closeups of the engine, interior, trunk, exterior

close ups, undercarriage shots etc. and tell us if the numbers match and we should be able to get close to a correct number. Also need info like mileage of the car, what has been done to it over the years and what is still original.

Good looking car. If a true gs and rest of car looks that good, motor matching numbers and in good shape i would say between 25-30k also the fact that it has been in same family since 1967 a big plus.

Edited by arnulfo de l.a. (see edit history)

More pictures please. Firewall tag. Original paperwork. Numbers matching? Hard to put a value on the invisible.

2 hours ago, coast said:

yes it is a small emblem GS

That changes the value a bit on the upside.  We need more detailed pics of the entire car to offer anything further.

We are all suckers for pictures, anyway. Heck, I can't afford to buy it, but I'd love to see a bunch more pics of it close up regardless. :)

All numbers match.  75,000 miles.  less then 1000 miles on engine and trees rebuild. 

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

needs headliner installed. new wood, heater core. upholstery is in good condition. Front seats redone. 

thumbnail.jpeg

Make it simple ….. give a complete description of cars condition, confirm that the engine is a numbers matching LX code motor and that there is or isn't rust, how it runs , include pictures,  lastly WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR THE CAR.

Is this car in Long Beach?? give information that all goes to someone showing an interest in your car.  Good LUck Paul 559 355-3551 

Since it is a California car I would assume never any rust......Looks like a number 3 condition car to me.......Really nice number 1

and high number 2 GS 65 Rivieras have gone for over 100K at Barrett Jackson the last couple of years. If I were you I wouldn't take less than 50K

for it the way it is right now. The GS 65's are starting to heat up at the auctions........I would advise you to keep the car and gradually fix the things

that need to be fixed and you should be a very happy camper when you sell the car in a few years.  

Who rebuilt the engine? Where they experienced with nailheads? If not ,and they line bored the block, you will never be able to get the timing right because of a loose timing chain. Hopefuly that is not the case with your motor.

Car runs great. Never heard of the issue you mention Arnulfo? I spoke with Russ Martin during the rebuild and followed his advice, this never came up that I recall? It has been a while though. 

bad things can happen when a guy who builds small block Chevies

rebuilds a nailhead. If the engine has almost no miles on it yet, that would be a red flag for an informed buyer. We've seen a lot of blogs on this

site where a nailhead is rebuilt and it tears itself to pieces after a thousand miles or so. Personally, I won't buy an old car with a rebuilt engine  unless the build has 12,000 miles on it and it still has no problems. 

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

A solid and finished numbers matching Gran Sport 65 Riviera can be worth $60K+ depending on condition and options. The challenge of course is finding the buyer that wants your particular Riviera. 

Whats up with the interior? What needs finishing?